Cow House Studios: Art on the Farm in Wexford, Ireland | Teen Ink

Cow House Studios: Art on the Farm in Wexford, Ireland

By SarahB4893 BRONZE, Scarsdale, New York
SarahB4893 BRONZE, Scarsdale, New York

Going to Ireland this past summer for the "Art on the Farm" summer program was probably one of the greatest experiences of my life to date. I spent three weeks on a secluded, beautiful farm painting, drawing, and photographing the gorgeous scenery all around me. The program which was made up of 16 kids, all 15-18 years old, gave me the opportunity to meet people from all around the world, that I still keep in touch with on a weekly basis. The three teachers at Cow House were the most talented and inspiring artists I have ever met.The painting and drawing teacher, Rosie, was so sweet and nice, and helped me learn how to explore different mediums and develop my own technique as an artist.Frank, the photography teacher was funny, friendly, and patient (especially with my lack of knowledge in the dark-room). Darragh, the sculpture teacher also had an amazing and funny personality. All together, the staff at cow house studios made me feel like I was at my second home, rather than a foreign country. I spent my days working in the studios and my nights watching movies with my friends, playing ping pong, and just hanging out. For every meal, all of the students and staff would sit down together at a big table like a family. The food was homemade and delicious and I still miss Frank's cooking. All in all, my summer in Ireland was amazing and I was able to make long-term friends while being creative and making artwork. I would recommend this program for anyone who is looking for an enriching summer experience that will last them a lifetime.

artist22 SILVER, Cranford, New Jersey
Very interesting! I would really like to do something like this.