Star Wars BattleFront on PS4, XBOX, PC | Teen Ink

Star Wars BattleFront on PS4, XBOX, PC

January 17, 2017
By Marky822 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Marky822 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In a galaxy far far away…  There was once was a man named George Lukas. He created a saga called Star Wars. Star Wars is the epic story about a rebel group trying to take down an empire.  An empire that is evil, an empire that is thrived by darkness. The empire owns the galaxy. The empire kills anyone who dares challenge them.  A high rank in the empire is a man named Darth Vader, he is a sith. A sith is a dark jedi. Jedis have the power to harness the force.  Darth Vader had a son named Luke Skywalker. Luke is an intrepid man who will die for the rebellion. Luke is a huge part of the rebellion. Without him the rebellion would be obliterated by the empire.  Luke has had many temptations to go to the dark side. Star Wars Battlefront depicts every movie into one video game. The game was created by DICE, which is a gaming company. In the game one can play as characters from the movies. The graphics are realistic and one can feel as though they are a jedi while they are playing the game modes.


Star Wars Battlefront has many game modes available to play. Every mode is the Empire vs the Rebels, but there are many modes, such as Hero Vs Villains. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and other iconic characters will be part of your team together with ground troops. In order to win, one must protect their heros and kill the enemy teams heros.  Then there is Walker Assault.  Walker Assault is an epic 40 player battle. When someone plays as the rebels the objective is to destroy the big gun. If someone plays as the empire they have to protect the big gun. Another fun mode is called Cargo. Cargo is a 16 player battle. It is just like capture the flag except the flag is the box loaded with a finite amount of guns.


Star wars battlefront comes with many intricate maps. The maps are based on the planets from the Star Wars saga movies. Someone can choose a mode and play on any map of their choosing. One map is tatooine, where Luke Skywalker was raised. Tatooine is a planet that is a harsh desert that orbits two suns in the galaxy's outer rim. It is a lawless place. It is also the home of Darth Vader formally known as Anakin Skywalker. The map is great for snipers because it is a vast land with no cover. It is bad for close combat because someone will get picked off by the snipers.  There is another map called Hoth. It is a world of snow and ice, surrounded by numerous moons, and home to deadly creatures. It was the site of the Rebel alliance's base. This map is amazing for close combat because snipers can not spot anyone through the snow.  Another great map is Endor. Endor is a moon in a remote part of the galaxy that is a forested world overlaid by giant trees. Nobody would care about this moon but the second death star was constructed there. This map is amazing for both snipers and close combat players. It is also a homeland to a lot of furry creatures called ewoks. One can shoot the ewoks for extra points.


Star Wars Battlefront comes with many blasters. The characters in the movie used the  blasters that are in the game. At first someone only has a few, one has to to earn more by participating Hutt Contracts. Hutt contracts are things one does in order to earn a certain blaster. For example to acquire the DL-17(semi automatic hand blaster). One must earn 20 kills to acquire it. There are automatic blasters such as A280C(A280C is a sturdy and powerful blaster rifle that has a high rate of fire and excellent firepower). This an excellent blaster because it can be used for close combat and sniping. Also there is a blaster called the E-11 which is a powerful and accurate blaster rifle, the E-11 is ideal for use in all environments. Another amazing blaster is the EE-3 because it is is an optically fitted Blaster Rifle capable of 3-round burst fire at long ranges. In Star Wars Battlefront  there are snipers such as the DLT-19X which comes with a long range scope and it’s the only blaster that will let you maintain zoom even when the blaster has overheated. Each blast is incredibly powerful, but the blaster will instantly overheat with each shot. That is the negative side of the blaster, after every shot it must reload. Some blasters are special, some have rocket launches attracted to them.  When one is battling they get to choose three star cards which range from jet packs, grenades, personal shields and much more. One also can unlock star cards from Hutt contracts. Someone can buy all of the star cards and weapons once they unlock the Hutt Contracts. To do that, one must be very skilled and dexterous.


Star Wars battlefront is really good game that looks great and sounds even better, thanks to extraordinarily epic music and sound effects. The controls are very easy to use as well. This is a great game but it also has many down sides. Despite a lot of variety, after a couple of hours of gameplay you might feel like the magic of the game is wearing off. Battles sequences can be repetitive and redundant. There are very few weapon upgrade but soon one will acquire all of them and the game will be less fun.  Star Wars Battlefront is truly an amazing game despite the down sides. DICE has created a world where one can feel as though he/she is a stormtrooper, a jedi, and rebel, or even a sith.


The author's comments:

I think this game is really fun and I think people should know about it