Rainbow Six: Siege on Ps4 | Teen Ink

Rainbow Six: Siege on Ps4

February 26, 2016
By Grizzlyq1123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Grizzlyq1123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"huehuehuehuehue" quentin


Have you wanted to play a new first person shooter that’s not like the standard Call of Duty. Or how about a game that's a little more on the realistic side of things. How about play game that revolves around teamwork. Or maybe  just simply a play a game that's just amazing. Then Rainbow Six: Siege six: siege is definitely a game for you. 
Rainbow Six: siege is a multiplayer first person shooter that revolves around the world's special forces. In the game you simulate what the special forces do in real life. This includes things such as deal with hostage situations or bomb threats. You have to either defend the positions or attack the objectives. There are many ways to go about this too, as you have to plan things out with your team. 


When you play rainbow six siege, you will be placed one either the attacking team or the defending team, each with respective objectives, characters and plans. On the attacking team, you will try to assault the objective as fast as possible, while trying to break the defense of the defenders. On the defending team you will try to last through the assault of the attacking team until time runs out. You and your team will try to set up defenses that will slow down and ultimately stop or kill the attackers. On either side you automatically when if they kill all the members of the opposing team. 


When you go to choose your character ,you can either play as a character called recruit, or you can play as one of the world's best special forces member called operators. There are only a few downsides to operators. The first down side is the fact that you have to buy operators with the in-game currency you get from simply playing the game. The other downside is that you can only get one of the same operator on each team. For example, there is an operator named sledge, there cant be two sledges on the same team. Other than that operators are very strong and unique, and help open up a very wide variety of game play, that can fit any play style for anyone.


The actual mechanics of the games are extremely fun. It has a lot of unique aspects, that are upgraded from the original rainbow six games. If you need another way to enter a building you simply breach in with a breaching charge through the destructible environment. You can use a rappel to enter from windows from the side of a building or even the roof of a giant lobby. In the very beginning of the level you can use little drones to find the objectives before the game even started. There are many ideas that they used that were correctly done.


Even though the game is very well done, it has its downsides. One of the main downsides that immediately brought up concern in the community was the lack of a cooperative split screen that the Rainbow series was known for. Any problem a lot of people have is that there is little single player action and no form of a campaign like the other rainbow series. Another problem that some people may have is that there may not be that much to do in the game. Most of the game is just multiplayer. 


Rainbow Six: siege is a capital choice for a new game. Its is very interesting, and can supply with fun for a very long time. You can test your skill with other people online, and use the ideas they put in the game to add more variety. If you want a new game, I highly suggest you get Rainbow Six: Siege.


The author's comments:

This game is amazing