Star Wars Battlefront on Xbox One, Playstation 4 | Teen Ink

Star Wars Battlefront on Xbox One, Playstation 4

January 11, 2016
By RudySlav BRONZE, Kilmacrennan , Donegal, Other
RudySlav BRONZE, Kilmacrennan , Donegal, Other
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield


Star Wars Battlefront is an action shooter video game developed by EA DICE, with additional work from Criterion Games, and was published by Electronic Arts on November 2015. The game, based on the Star Wars franchise, is the third major release in the Star Wars: Battlefront sub-series, and is considered a reboot to the previous games, instead of a sequel. It was a commercial success, selling 12 million copies in its first 2 months of its release.
Gameplay


Star Wars Battlefront is an action game played from either a first-person or third-person view; players can switch views whenever desired, similar to previous games. Players are capable of visiting planets from the Star Wars universe, such planets that can be played on are Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, and Sullust. To navigate the world, players can use a variety of vehicles, including both air and land-based vehicles, such as speederbikes and AT-ATs. Battles are planet-based, restricting players from exploring space. The game's weapons, characters, gear, and abilities are customizable and can be unlocked by progressing in the ranks of the game.  As new weapons are unlocked, players have the ability to share them with their teammates. Battlefront does not feature iron sights, but allows players to zoom in for better accuracy and to help players destroy the targets and players required.


The game lets players choose to control either a Rebel Alliance soldier or an Imperial Stormtrooper. Other playable characters from the films can also be controlled, such as Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett. Non-playable characters such as R2-D2 and C-3PO make appearances as well as making the game fast-paced. The game includes cooperative missions, which can be played offline, but excludes a campaign mode. The lack of campaign was disappointing but they had fixed that with amazing gameplay online. Players can complete the missions both independently and with bots or another player; the game supports split screen on consoles wich makes the game more enjoyable when friends come over. The game's online multiplayer mode supports up to 40 players in one match and consists of 15 multiplayer maps. These maps feature five locations from the Star Wars universe: Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, Sullust, and Jakku.


Downloadable content


Star Wars Battlefront will feature downloadable content (DLC). The first downloadable content, titled Battle of Jakku, was revealed during Star Wars Celebration 2015 and is now publicly available for download . A Season Pass was announced on October 12, 2015 and will include 4 currently unannounced DLC packs. An "Ultimate Edition" was also announced which includes the Deluxe Edition version of the game and the Season Pass. Aside from the contents of the Season Pass, additional content will also be released for free, which includes new maps and star cards.


Battle of Jakku
Battle of Jakku is the first DLC for Star Wars Battlefront, which launched publicly on December 8, 2015. Players who pre-order the game received the Battle of Jakku DLC a week earlier, on December 1, 2015. It became free to all players on December 8, 2015, and features two maps set on planet Jakku, set 29 years before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.


The author's comments:

The inspiration for this was a simple liking of star wars. i hope the readers learn new information or something about the game.