Assasins Creed Syndicate | Teen Ink

Assasins Creed Syndicate

January 10, 2016
By RudySlav BRONZE, Kilmacrennan , Donegal, Other
RudySlav BRONZE, Kilmacrennan , Donegal, Other
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield


Assassin's Creed Syndicate is a brand new  action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Quebec and published by Ubisoft. It was released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and for Microsoft Windows. It is the ninth major installment in the Assassin's Creed series. It is a brand new chapter said to be even better than it's previous brother Assassins Creed Unity which was released last year.


The plot is set in a fictional history of real world events and follows the centuries-old struggle between the Assassins, who fight for peace with free will, and the Templars, who desire peace through control.


The story is set in Victorian era London and follows two highly skilled twin assassins, Jacob and Evie Frye, as they navigate the corridors of organized crime, and take back the city from Templarz control. The open world design lets players freely roam London. This gives the players a very good idea of what London was back in the Victorian Era and it's highly sculpted graphics make the game feel very realistic.


The game is played from a third-person view and its world is navigated on foot or by carriage. The game introduces new traveling systems and refined combat and stealth mechanics. Players control the two lead protagonists—twins Jacob and Evie Frye—throughout the game's story, switching between them both during and outside of missions to help and make the goal an easier task that could be completed with quicker result. Unlike 
Unity, Syndicate does not feature multiplayer. Which in my opinion is a good thing as not a lot of people enjoyed the multiplayer mechanics of the other games.


The setting of the main plot.


In the year of 1868, at the tail end of the Industrial Revolution, with the Assassin Brotherhood all but eradicated in London, twins Jacob and Evie Frye leave Crawley for London and arrive to find a city controlled by the Templars, with both the Church and the Monarchy losing their power. Raised as Assassins to follow the Creed, Jacob and Evie aim to take back the city from Templar control. Aided by notable figures of the era such as novelist Charles Dickens, biologist Charles Darwin and inventor Alexander Graham Bell.


Music
The music to Assassin's Creed Syndicate was composed by American composer Austin Wintory.


I highly enjoyed the music in the game and found it great. The songs are available to buy on Amazon or ITunes.


Reviews
Alexa Corriea from GameSpot praised the fluidity of Syndicate's new combat system, as well as the beauty of the map and the addition of the rope launcher. She hailed the game as "a triumphant return to form for the franchise".
Daniel Krupa from IGN gave the game an 8.2/10, citing the design of the city and the lighthearted plot as high points, while criticizing the repetitive combat, yet saying it was better than Unity?'?s combat.
My own final option of the game is that it is a definite buy. The graphics are stunning and the fighting system is much better. The new addition of carriages and trains is also very cool. I found the game stunning and I would rate it 9/10 for it's brilliant gameplay.


The author's comments:

The inspiration for this was me liking video games and I just fought people would like a review on a brand new video game. I hope the readers will agree with my view points and enjoy my review.