Gears of War | Teen Ink

Gears of War

December 16, 2015
By CarryOnMyWaywardSon SILVER, Hemet, California
CarryOnMyWaywardSon SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just do it! Yesterday you said tomorrow, so just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams!" -Shia Labeouf


Gears of War is a third-person shooter in which you take the place of Marcus Fenix, a prisoner of war who had been court-martialed previously. Marcus and the other “Gears” ,as the soldiers are known, live on Sera where another species occupies the underground, the Locust. Marcus must fight through hordes of Locust and lambent, mutated versions of other creatures due to “immulsion”(a highly-valuable fuel found in Sera’s core), to save Sera and protect the ones he cares about. As he shoots and tears through enemies, he gains new hardships such as losing friends or finding out his father was still alive. Marcus is mostly accompanied by Domonic Santiago, or Dom for short, as well as Daymond Baird,a sarcastic mechanic, Augustus “Cole-train” Cole, an ex-”thrashball” player, Anya Stroud, a sister-like figure to Marcus, and the Carmine brothers who seem to be the most accident-prone men in the world, as well as a few other,minor characters. Gears of War is action-packed fun, despite the large amounts of gore and filthy language present in every game. See the devastated world through Marcus’s eyes as he fights for humanity’s survival on Sera. Gears of War 1,2,3, and Judgment were all great games, 3 being the best in my opinion, and with a fourth installment coming soon, we can continue seeing the destruction of Sera through new enemies and new characters.