Nano Assault EX on 3DS | Teen Ink

Nano Assault EX on 3DS

October 13, 2015
By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
There's no fame without fans.


 Concept and Game Modes:

  
Who knew fighting a virus could be so much fun!? Nano Assault EX has you take control of planted nanites within cells to find the cure to a virus titled "Nanostray." Different cell clusters represent the different "worlds" within the game accessible to the player. In addition to the story mode, is three other modes to add replay ability to the game. These three modes are Arcade Mode, Boss Rush, and Survival Mode. Arcade mode is where you can select any level you have already played and focus on maintaining a high score and taking it online to the leader boards. Boss Rush is unlocked after beating story mode and in it you can have a battle royal against all the previously fought bosses. Survival mode is similar to arcade with replaying any level, except in this mode you only have one life and must complete the level with that one meager life.

 

Gameplay:

Among all the levels, are a trio of different level types. The first one is where you navigate your nanite upon a singular cell and neutralize all hostile organisms and collect DNA. Among this level type is a variety of settings and enemy types to add spice to the formula. The second type is a Star Fox like section. Like Star Fox, you'll take to the "skies" and fly around impending obstacles that greatly vary and shoot your way through them. The third variation is a level type based on accompanying the boss you're about to face. Mentioning bosses, overall they are fun, but about halfway through the game they start losing their intenseness and creativity unlike the rest of the game that remains amazing.

 

 Graphics:

Accompanying the intense feel of the game, are smooth and greatly polished graphics for the eye to feast upon.

 

Sound:
At the beginning of the game is a great opening with solid voice acting. It's a shame that this was not utilized more throughout the game instead of the repetitive "Starting purification" line at the end of each level. To redeem this is a fantastic techno soundtrack to accompany the science fiction feel of the game.

 

Conclusion:

Nano Assault EX is a stellar game (both in terms of being great and science fiction) that appeals to all intense gamers. With tight controls to accompany the fast paced gameplay, great graphics, and great sound this game is a must-play. The only things keeping it down is a lack of continual creative boss designs and the lack of more voice acting.