Strike Force Foxx | Teen Ink

Strike Force Foxx

September 10, 2015
By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
There's no fame without fans.


Concept:

     A side-scrolling shoot 'em up with no charm or originality. Strike Force Foxx has you take control of Captain Foxx.  Foxx must stop the terrorist group Grid and their leader, Dr. Synchros,  from getting rid of Autoberg City's clean power by riding his Razor-1 into combat.
    
Characters:
     Captain Foxx is a hotshot who likes to flirt with all the girls. This is one reason I cannot stand Foxx's character. He acts like he knows everything and is basically a pervert who is willing to hit on any girl for only her looks. Gunner, is your clichéd partner who has an awkward bromance with Foxx, but knows when to keep him in his place. Wrench, the person who makes and fixes your helicopters between flights, has an animated characteristic of liking machines as represented in his name. This personality makes him boring and will make you not want to see how he progresses in the story. Dr. Betty, forced love interest for Foxx, is assigned to aid any people who are injured due to Grid's doing. Throughout the story events will be unnaturally forced to happen to make Foxx and Betty have a stronger love connection. The main villain of Strike Force Foxx, Dr. Synchros, is your clichéd, old-school spy movie villain. He will appear out of nowhere in the story to create obstructions for our hero. Every character in the game is boring and uninteresting to watch progress.

 

Gameplay:
    Gameplay is just as bad and repetitive. In missions, objectives consist of saving people who have been captured by Grid and destroying enemies and buildings. This is all the game has to offer for missions. This will eventually get very repetitive and make you want to stop playing. The combat isn't much better. The combat can either be painfully boring with it being easy to dodge enemy projectiles, or so hard that it is no longer fair. Enemies will come randomly off screen giving you no time to react, and the civilians you have to rescue constantly get in the way of you firing at enemies and will make you fail the mission. The civilian objectives also have another flaw. On missions where you have to save civilians, there will be extras you can save for a better rank at the end of each level. However, if you capture the amount that is needed and return them to base, the mission will automatically end giving you no chance to fully complete it and rescue the remaining people.

 

Graphics:
     The graphics while in cut-scenes consist of hand drawn art styles. This art style, however, is wired and unsightly. Gameplay graphics are not any better. They are polygonal and unpolished making another thing this game does wrong.

 

Conclusion:
     Enjoyment for fans of the  side scrolling AND shoot 'em up genre will find it hard to find enjoyment in the game and it'll be even harder for newcomers to the genre to find fun. All in all Strike Force Foxx is a generic, repetitive, and boring game with no fun to be had.