Halo 4 on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Halo 4 on Xbox 360

November 6, 2014
By AVID_EC BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
AVID_EC BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This game is the first Halo game (With the iconic protaganist, Master Chief) to be made by 343 industries. The previous Halo titles were made by Bungie Studios but then they departed. This game has many siginficant differences from its predecessor [Halo 3.] 

The soundtrack in this game is very different, If one listens to it closely, one could see that this soundtrack does not have the same 'Halo' feel. That's largely due to the fact that the previous composer, Marty O' Donnell, left with Bungie. Do not get me wrong, the music is good but it does not have the same famaliar vibe most Halo fans were famaliar to.  Nevertheless, the game has its improvements. 

One obvious difference is the graphics and detail used for this game. The graphics are well done, and one could see that the environment was beautifully crafted. Pat on the back for the people who made it possible. 

The story continues the legacy of Master Chief. It starts you off right from the end of Halo 3, (when Master Chief was stuck in space) with the famailar A.I. Cortana (computer) waking you up. From there one starts to see all the improvements on the graphic engine. 

The single story is not the only mode available in this game. With Xbox Live, the player is able to compete with friends in a fun multiplayer. Speaking of the mulitplayer. Many core fans will know that the multiplayer was not as good as some of us expected. Sure 343 brought some maps back but overall the competitiveness in this game is very lackluster. It's not much of a competitive game. The competitive community was not satisfied due to the fact that the game was too freindly with newer users. The multiplayer use to have simple mechanics and objectives in the previous titles but in Halo 4, the mechanics were complex and not enjoyable. This is were 343 really messed up.

Overall, the story is great. Nothing but thumbs up for the story and the graphics. On the other hand, the competitiveness in this game was too poor for my taste, compared to the much superior ranking systems in the other games. I would rate this game a 9/10. This is an enjoyable game with friends.

However, I would rate this game on a 'Halo' scale 7/10 due to the fact that 343 Industries version of Halo was not original. They tried to imitate other companie's game's mechanic but failed and dissapointed many Halo fans.