Assassin's Creed: Black Flag | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

October 31, 2014
By westy BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
westy BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag is the fourth game in the series made by ubisoft. In this game, you are Captain Edward Kenway of the Jackdaw. The Jackdaw is a ship as you are in the Caribbean as a pirate, exploring islands and looting enemy ships. There are many levels of ships you can destroy and the higher level ship you defeat, the more loot you win. There are 4 legendary ships in the 4 corners of your map, and they are very, very hard to beat.  Luckily, they are not in the main mission. You can also attack forts to get loot, get less restricted areas, and unlock more places.  Most of your world is made up of water. But when there is land, there are a lot of buildings to climb on. There are still viewpoints, and the viewpoints double as fast travel stations. I use the viewpoints a lot so I can go places faster. For your weapons, you get 2 swords and up to 4 guns. You get 2 guns in the main mission; the other two you have to get yourself. I think it is easy to get the 2 guns because all it takes is a little gold. You also can get smoke bombs, a blow pipe, rope darts, and of course, your hidden blades. Upgrades are available to have more ammo at a time. I can hold up to 30 bullets, and I seem to never run out, which I love. Also there are upgrades for your armor to have more health. There are 2 different sets of armor you can get as side missions. One set is templar and gives you more health. The other is mayan and makes you bullet proof. I think the mayan armor is a little overpowered, but I do have it. Even though they are side missions you will learn of them in the main mission. The weapons you get for the Jackdaw are mortar, fire barrel, chain shot, heavy shot, and just plain cannons or broadside. One of the things that I do not like is that the mortar, fire barrel, and heavy shot all take ammo. Of course, you can upgrade your ship to hold more ammo though. It is possible to upgrade your ship to do more damage, have more health, and have better storages. The very last upgrade for most of the ship upgrades needs elite plans. You get half of the elite plans from shipwrecks and have to dive for them; the other half you find in treasure chests that you are led to by treasure maps. When you are done with your ship upgrades, you are ready for anything. All in all, these are just some of the many things you can get or do. ENJOY THE GAME!