Skate | Teen Ink

Skate MAG

September 17, 2008
By Anonymous

What kind of gamer are you? Sports-game fanatic? Action games? Puzzle? “Skate” combines all these into one perfect game. It allows you to experience the lengthy process of getting a sponsorship in the skateboarding industry. Throughout the game you will be recognized by professional skaters for your talent and hopefully gain a sponsorship and make it to the pros.

Unlike classic skateboard games like “Tony Hawk,” “Skate” allows you to use the joystick to execute the trick (rather than just pressing buttons), which requires not only skill but accuracy. This will take you out of the classic gaming world and introduce you to a revolutionary experience. You will feel the frustration of not being able to land a trick right away, you will feel the adrenaline of launching off a half pipe, and you will feel the satisfaction when you turn pro.

Ever wonder what it would be like to have a sponsorship from a major skateboarding ­company like as Enjoi, Girl, Element, or maybe SpitFire? “Skate” takes you off your couch and introduces you to the life of an aspiring skater.

Online play is the future of gaming. So far “Skate” has had top reviews for its online multiplayer gaming. This is because “Skate” allows to you record videos of your skating and submit them to other gamers so you can show off your skills. Are you ever in the mood to have a skate session with your friends but it’s too late at night? Try online play.

Get up off your couch, stop playing “Tony Hawk” and buy “Skate” if you really want to experience the life of an aspiring professional skater. Up for the challenge?