Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Playstation 3 | Teen Ink

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Playstation 3

November 26, 2012
By Sam_121699 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Sam_121699 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The kids on the bus were mean to her
mean to her
mean to her
The kids on the bus were mean to her
all year long"
(To the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus")


2012 came with lots of new movies, TV shows, video games, etc. One of the newest games on the market is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Sequel to the fastest selling Call of Duty game of all time, one thing is for sure: this is NOT your average Call of Duty.
Unlike other Call of Duty's, Black Ops 2 uses cut-scenes to tell the story. The cut-scenes are a great addition to the franchise. Another new aspect of the campaign is the fact that a custom class can be created for the story. The last, and biggest aspect of the campaign are the new "make a choice" segments.
The "make a choice" segments range anywhere from choosing whether to snipe or rappel, to who lives and who dies. These choice segments increase the player's interest in the game, and affect the outcome of the story. The story will (obviously) not be spoiled here!
The multiplayer is also drastically changed. Instead of killstreaks, there are scorestreaks. To unlock guns, you need unlock coins (each gun is worth one unlock coin). You can also only have ten items and perks per custom class. This is both good and bad.
Upsides:
1)Forces the player to think strategically.
2)Makes different play styles more accessible.
Downsides:
1)The player needs to get rid of certain items in the class to make room for other items.
2)Everything (guns, attachments, perks, scorestreaks, equipment, etc.) counts, and the player needs to decide whether they want the skull camo or the red dot sight.
If you have your Playstation Network account stored on a friends Playstation, you can use your account and your friend can use theirs at the same time. Both accounts get XP! That's a great addition in my opinion.
Zombie mode is the mode that was given a complete do-over. Aside from classic survival mode, there are two new modes; "Grief" and "Tranzit". These modes make "good 'ol" survival mode hollow and pointless. Grief is a two team mode, in which the two teams can work together or play competitively. On top of that, there's lava spouting from the ground, which creates obstacles for the players. In my opinion, Grief mode is annoying because everyone steals my kills, and the opposing team stabs me the entire time. Tranzit is much better. Players start off in an old bus station. A bus quickly arrives, and the goal is to get on the bus. Once the players are on the bus, it starts to move. This gives players time to get aqquainted with the robot zombie driving the bus. The bus goes around in a circle, stopping at four different places. The perk machines are scattered about the four areas and hard to find. Zombies is by far my favorite mode.
All-in-all, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 does not disappoint. It has some upsides and downsides, but so does every other game!
Upsides:
1)The ability for two online profiles to play on the same Playstation at the same time.
2)Campaign custom classes
3)New zombie modes
4)Robot zombie bus driver
5)"Make-a-choice" segments
6)Cutscenes
Downsides:
1)Grief mode is not fun.
2)Only ten items per custom class.
Ratings:
Graphics: 9/10
Multiplayer: 9/10
Zombies: 9/10
Story: 10/10
Controls: 10/10
New modes/features: 10/10

FINAL RATING: 9.5/10

Black Ops 2 is not a disappointing game. It has lots of playability, modes, and weapon customizability options to play around with. I strongly recommend that you pick this game up.