Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Playstation 3 | Teen Ink

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Playstation 3

November 15, 2012
By Gary_the_gamer BRONZE, Billericay, Essex, Other
Gary_the_gamer BRONZE, Billericay, Essex, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Peace out and happy gaming


Summary

Modern Warfare 2 is the second game in the Modern Warfare franchise. The game is suitable for people of 18 years and over.

Presentation

As with most Call Of Duty games, the presentation in Modern Warfare 2 is stunning! Infinity Ward have really tried to capture the realism of the battlefield. The friendly and enemy AI are noticeably more intelligent and the enemy is certainly a lot more challenging in this game than Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Storyline

Modern Warfare 2 starts five years after it predecessor. You play as two main characters, they are Private Allen who is in the US Marine Corps and Sergeant Gary 'Roach' Sanderson who is part of an elite group of soldiers called Task Force 141, this group is headed up by General Sheppard.

During the games early release, there was some controversy surrounding one of the missions called 'No Russian'. In this level you play as Private Allen when he has joined Task force 141 and you are undercover as part of a Russian terrorist group and the mission involves you going into an airport and shooting at unarmed civilians. The objective of this mission is to try and catch the leader Makarov.

One complaint I have always had with this particular game is the fact that the single player campaign is too short, it only took me around half a day to complete which left me a bit bored and disappointed because I expected so much more. The reason the single player missions may be short might be because of the Special Ops mode. This mode can be played alone or with a friend and most of the missions are inspired by the single player campaign. These missions are quite good but can be a bit difficult if you are playing the missions solo.

Gameplay

One complaint I have always had with this particular game is the fact that the single player campaign is too short, it only took me around half a day to complete which left me a bit bored and disappointed because I expected so much more. The reason the single player missions may be short might be because of the Special Ops mode. This mode can be played alone or with a friend and most of the missions are inspired by the single player campaign. These missions are quite good but can be a bit difficult if you are playing the missions solo.

The multiplayer is much improved from the previous game in the series and the graphics and overall presentation is better. Also, Infinity Ward have added something called death streaks which is a bit like kill streaks but for the newbies to the online gaming world. One of my favourite death streaks is copycat which allows you to copy the class of the person that killed you last. The kill streaks have also been improved to have a predator drone available which allows you to take out multiple targets and of course destroy an attack helicopter. Infinity Ward have also added something call care packages which are dropped from a helicopter and have either some ammunition refills or a tactical aid. There is very rarely any lag during online play but there are sometimes hackers that take advantage of any loopholes that Infinity Ward didn't notice but thankfully they have managed to sort out most of them by now.

Music

There is very little music in this game but the music that is included is really good! I feel that it adds something to the game by making it more atmospheric and sometimes makes you feel certain emotions that you wouldn't normally feel whilst playing a shooter/action game.

Final Verdict

Modern Warfare 2 is a really amazing game but I feel that it has sort of taken a step back from Modern Warfare rather than a step forward. Many people think that Call Of Duty 4 is one of the best games in the series and I have to agree with them. I think this game deserves a rating of 7/10


The author's comments:
This is the latest review I have done and I hope it helps any person that is thinking of buying this game. I hope you find this review objective and helpful