Minecraft on Pc | Teen Ink

Minecraft on Pc

March 25, 2011
By William Roberts BRONZE, Middletown, New York
William Roberts BRONZE, Middletown, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Minecraft is a fairly new Indie-game from Mojang. Minecraft is an open roam RPG that has no story line or objectives. Minecraft is not completed as of today it is only in its Beta phase, but it is being played by thousands of people all around the world in its single player and multi-player modes. Minecraft is a game that brings out the creativity of the player.

Minecraft started with a simple idea a game that you build your own world. In the Indev this game was played online with an infinite amount of the building materials. The building materials of this game are “blocks”. At first glance the blocks and graphics of the game make you think it is an old game but you then you relies the graphics actually add to the game and make the game better. The entire game world is made out of blocks that you can take materials from anywhere in your environment. Also just as the name suggests you mine the blocks like stone, dirt, or iron and craft whatever you want. In this game you also craft tools that help you do what you want, tools like shovels, pickaxes, and buckets. Using these tools you can collect materials and either use them to craft or just place them back down and use the block as it is.


Minecraft has a single player and a multiplayer. You can also choose between survival mode and creative mode. In survival mode mobs spawn at night and try to take down your health and they try to get in your way. In creative mode you have no health and their re no mobs so you can do whatever you want. For both modes you can go online and play on a server with friends.

In the game you start any world the same way but after that you can do whatever you want. In the beginning of the game you have to first gather materials like wood from trees to be able to craft the things you need. After you chop down the wood you can start crafting things. Then you can craft tools like pickaxes and shovels to collect other materials like stone.

Once you have the materials you start crafting. In this game when you start out there is a weird system to craft. In your inventory menu there are 4 squares at the top right which is your crafting square. You have to put items in you crafting square in certain orders and you pretty much draw the item in the square. Like to make a workbench you put a block of wood in each of the four squares. After that you place you workbench and the work bench you have a 3 by 3 square so you can make tools with your raw materials.

Minecraft is also a game for all ages. It is literally a game only limited by the person’s own imagination. The game is easy to play and understand and you only need a little information before hand to learn the game. Also the game is even better when you have the right ideas for things to build.

Minecraft is slightly repetitive when you start out but it is a very fun and addicting game. The game has no repetitive storyline and it is an open roam game that never has the same thing twice. Also some things like having to chop down trees or search for diamonds do get repetitive but the Minecraft world is randomly generated with every new game. Even if you get bored you can just start a new world or make a project for yourself like building a castle out of stone with a lava moat.

My recommendation personally is that everyone should play this game. It’s an entertaining and addictive game. It’s fun and easy for people of all ages to play and it’s a good game to kill time. Also if you want to you can go to the Minecraft website and play the original version of the game online for free.