Call of Duty on C.O.D: W.O.T! | Teen Ink

Call of Duty on C.O.D: W.O.T!

March 10, 2010
By love.lauren GOLD, Eagle Lake, Minnesota
love.lauren GOLD, Eagle Lake, Minnesota
10 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"That's Sweeto!"-my friend, Shelby


To the "gamers" as most might refer to: You're probably wondering inside your little gamer head on your little gamer system, "What kind of gamer tips am I going to discover in this article?" or "What gamer reference does 'W.O.T.' stand for?" Here's your answer to both of those questions: false. This is not a normal gamer article about a gamer code for you and your gamer friends to help improve your gamer selves. Okay, I'm done with the "g" word. But this is entirely pushed the other direction, I'm here to explain, or what you "g" words are going to describe, complain, about how I think Call of Duty, a.k.a. C.O.D. (pronounced like the lakewater fish), is a waste of time, or to those of you "g" words too busy committing your scheduless lives to your Xbox, W.O.T.

Xbox Live is an interactive gaming system where, okay, I give in, gamers, can play against their friends and other gamers internationally. Call of Duty 1-however many-I stopped counting at 1-is one of, if not the, most popular games for teens globally. It is your average war game where the object is to do nothing but kill your opponent. I've seen it, I've tried it, I hate it. But yet, every boy in my eighth grade class would tell you otherwise. Nobody plans to see a movie or go to the batting cage after school anymore. The simple statement for setting up a get together with your friends is, "Live at 5:30," and the date is set.

What I'm trying to say is, this is taking over the minds, time, and lives of virtually-and electronically-nearly every boy from the ages of 10-17 I know. Please, in all that is good, don't let it happen to you.

The author's comments:
Thanks for reading! Comment and rate! :D