The Finals Review | Teen Ink

The Finals Review

January 29, 2024
By Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Destiny is a gift. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor. That to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don't think. Become."-Jim Lake jr.


                 What makes a game a good game?  ¨The Finals¨ is a first person 3v3v3 shooter game. The main objective of the game is to capture a bank, keep it for a certain amount of time and protect it from the other teams. There are 3 classes called light, medium and heavy. You fight in a game show where there are 2 commentators that give key information. The maps are huge and the amount of destruction you can do is unlimited. With that aspect of the game there are different situations that you can be put in. Never the same scenario twice. It came out December of 2023 and has a huge playbase. Gamers should play The Finals  because it has all a gamer needs and wants in a game. 

 

  Most people would say it's the graphics, gameplay, updates and freedom that a gamer needs. ¨The Finals¨ has all of that. The Graphics are so bright and colorful, never seen before in any game so far. For example if you took a picture of a building in The Finals and compared it to that same building in real life then you would not be able to tell the difference. The gameplay makes you feel like you're a war hero . You can be a swift assassin, combat medic, a one man army and a protector. For example the hitmarkers you get for hitting an enemy shows a health bar of the enemy. 


The freedom that you have with your team keeps you on the edge of your seat, you never get a break with how the teams are set up. You can be fighting a team  winning that fight then get ambushed. For example the maps in the game are so big that you feel like the buildings are mazes. The game is all about strategy which most people love about it. The players made just a few suggestions on what to fix and it only took weeks before they fixed it. Some of the big games in the past that started just like The Finals failed because they didn't put any time in thinking about what their players needed which led them to having no one playing their game. You won't have that problem with The Finals.The Developers of this game make updates as often as possible. For example the suggestion for the update only took 2 weeks for it to be in the game. 


The patches in this game make it playable for the gamers. There is nothing you can't do in the game, There are in game objects that leave with too many possibilities to get into. There are gas tanks, fuel tanks and goo containers. One for both defensive and offensive.  


 This game is unique but there are still things they have to add. They have popular content creators playing their games. Loving what they are doing but they still have suggestions. The game needs to fix how the sensitivity setting works, giving more options.The different weapons you can have needs a create a class feature like Call of duty. If they add these things and fix what needs to be fixed then I have no doubt in my mind that this game will become one of the greatest games of all time. 


 It meets the requirements of all games and has the opportunity to become better with updates that they bring. The main problem we might have is what new things could they add to make the game feel new and not repetitive. This could be a nominee for game of the year and it has the votes of popular faces in the game stream community.  


So is The Finals a good game? The gamers community would agree that this game is worth the hype and attention that it is getting. It has a beautiful look to it. The action all gamers want. The versatility that gamers love and the ability to get better with time to come. This game keeps the players satisfied with the things they fix in the game.All the requirements a gamer looks for in a game is in this game.  With the way the developers  are taking care of this game, gamers will be rolling in waiting for the opportunity to experience this masterpiece called The Finals.