Apex Legends: A must play for all FPS lovers | Teen Ink

Apex Legends: A must play for all FPS lovers

March 6, 2023
By sam-starkovich BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado
sam-starkovich BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My review today is going to be on Apex Legends, a first-person shooter battle royale game that has captured the attention of gamers around the world since its release in 2019. Developed by Respawn Entertainment, Apex Legends offers players an intense, fast-paced gameplay experience that rewards skill, strategy, and teamwork. As a professional review author, I can confidently say that Apex Legends is one of the best battle royale games on the market. One of the standout mechanics of Apex Legends is the inclusion of Legends, each with their own unique abilities, playstyle, and backstory. With over 20 different Legends to choose from, players can experiment with different team compositions and strategies, which makes every match feel fresh and exciting. Each Legend has their own ultimate ability, tactical ability, and passive ability, which can be used to gain a competitive advantage in the game. The level progression system in Apex Legends is also well-designed, as players earn XP by playing matches, completing daily and weekly challenges, and leveling up their Battle Pass. The Battle Pass system rewards players with new Legends, skins, and other in-game items, which keeps players engaged and motivated to keep playing. The gunplay in Apex Legends is exceptional, with a wide variety of weapons available to players. Each gun has its own unique feel and playstyle, which encourages players to experiment with different loadouts and playstyles. From shotguns to assault rifles to sniper rifles, there's a gun for every playstyle in Apex Legends. One of the most impressive aspects of Apex Legends is the depth of strategy that is involved in team-based play. Every Legend has a role to play in a team, and players must work together to coordinate their abilities and strategies to emerge victorious. Some Legends are designed to be aggressive, while others are more defensive or supportive. This allows players to choose the Legend that best fits their playstyle and the needs of their team. However, there are some aspects of Apex Legends that can make the game less fun at times. One of the biggest issues is the RNG nature of the game, as loot spawns are random and players can often find themselves at a disadvantage if they can't find good weapons or armor early on. Additionally, the game can be frustrating for new players who may struggle to compete against more experienced players.


In conclusion, Apex Legends is a fantastic battle royale game that offers a unique and rewarding experience for players. The inclusion of Legends, the level progression system, and the depth of strategy involved in team-based play make Apex Legends stand out from other games in the genre. While there are some issues with the RNG nature of the game and the learning curve for new players, Apex Legends is still a must-play for fans of first-person shooters and battle royale games.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece as an assignment for my English class and submitted this review just for fun. I am not by any means a real writer but I like to think that my work is above average in a way.