7 Days to Die for Console Review | Teen Ink

7 Days to Die for Console Review

February 18, 2020
By AWEsomeADHDboy BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
AWEsomeADHDboy BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

7 Days to Die for console is a survival type game by Telltale Games. Although they didn’t make the game, they just ported it and then got the rights to it, then the company kind of just fell apart and went bankrupt. The original creators for the game that made the PC version is The Fun Pimps. 7 Days to Die for console was last updated 2017, but recently, The Fun Pimps got the rights back and has promised to give updates to the console version.

I love the early gameplay of 7 Days to Die. Random gen worlds are hard to talk about, so I will talk about Navezgane. You wake up by a car with a kind of destroyed house nearby. The biome you spawn in is random, although you can look up the map to find the biome you want to go to, but remember spawn is always the same type of deal and so is the world. You get two messages that say to do these challenges that are like a tutorial and they will show you their location. You do the challenges, then it says locate the trader. You also got skill points. If you press X, then RB a few times, you will find a skill menu, so get Sexual Tyrannosaurus, and remember every level up is 5 skill points and doing pretty much anything can level you up. Now you can go to the trader only during the day and sell your stuff and buy theirs using Dukes Casino Tokens. The rest of the game is up to you, but I advise doing some other things: Get a forge, get a workbench, and get a minibike. There are a few smaller things along the way you should do, but those three are the most important. On the seventh night a horde will attack. Basically, a lot of zombies attack.

There are a few types of zombies. There is a big fat one, and a lumberjack, both of which are slow, has a lot of health type zombie, not to be confused with a cop, which explodes and pukes on you. There is a screamer, which may remind you of that one zombie in Left 4 Dead, and the kid zombie from Dying Light. Yes they call more zombies. You got these basic zombies, which there are about 7 different types. Not too important, they all do the same thing. There are crawlers, which is a legless version of a specific basic zombie. There are also hornets. They fly and sting you. Now these two are a should avoid at all cost, bear/zombie bear, and a feral walker. Luckily, only zombie bears, feral walkers, cops, and hornets can come from screamers or they can be found at center town, which is at the coordinates 0,0, for random gen.

7 Days to Die has some pretty ok graphics. They are pretty realistic. Don’t turn up your gamma all the way, unless you want to look at the sun, and you should be fine. The sounds in 7 Days to Die are only scary when you are playing by yourself, and there isn’t really any music except on the main menu. The sound when the game crashes can be very scary if you are playing online.

To customize your experience, you have to play offline or in a private game, not public. Private game is there for you to make a world with only your friends. Click options, then you have a wild variety of options, from how long days last, to zombie spawning and their difficulty, to even a cheat mode. This changes the game for you and friends, although cheat mode is better for newer people.

In short, 7 Days to Die is a good zombie killer game, but isn’t a great game in general. Gameplay is ok, bugs can get unbearable, a lot of other stuff. The future of this game may change for console. Instead of being some lost, broken, game, there is hope for a better future for it thanks to The Fun Pimps.


The author's comments:

I like to play games on the PS4 and Xbox. I usually play on console, might play on Nintendo devices. Just an average "gamer", as people say way too much.