2k20 Video Game review | Teen Ink

2k20 Video Game review

February 18, 2020
By Sheco24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Sheco24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Loading into a new 2k game and putting in my information and instantly seeing all of the options in this year's 2k. I start with the same thing I start every year. My mycareer the best part of my 2k experience. When I first loaded in I was told to give my guy a name, number,dominant hand, and position. I chose SG cause I picked PG the year before and I took time picking my pie chart for this year. A pie chart is a chart that shows what you want to be in the NBA playmaker,slasher,sharpshooter,or a lockdown. After looking at all the endless possibilities I chose a sharpshooting slasher. After that you are loaded into a speed screen. It's another pie chart but instead I have to choose stamina speed acceleration and vertical. Considering I wasn't so tall but was a slahser I did speed and vertical. Then I have to put my points into the appropriate spots. I chose all the obvious ones ball handling 3pt shooting driving dunk. And I mostly stay away from defense because I don't have a defensive build. I then have to choose a trial game and it tells you your builds name. 

I got a scoring machine and I like the build quite a lot. It tells you what players you play like, my player got Russell Westbrook. After playing the trial game I decided I liked the build and started playing 2k20s main storyline. You start one game away in the championship in the G league and your bestfriend gets injured in the last few seconds of the game. After the game the coach cuts him because he doesnt want someone injured on the team when he could have a good healthy player on his team. And your player makes a stand and doesn't play in the championship and the team loses concluding your G league run. After that you start your NBA draft run and the rest would be completely up to the person playing.

 Next what you notice relatively quickly is how good the graphics are. The players in the game look like real players and it makes you feel like you're actually there throwing down slams. You can even see the sweat dripping off the players forehead once you start playing the game. Another mode that seemed to be very enjoyable last year was the MyTeam gamemode. 

You will open packs and whatever player is inside is yours for the taking. When you first load in you have to choose what player you want to start out with. Dirk,Rose,Vince,Hakeem,Tracey. All NBA legends, I went for my favorite player of all time Vince Carter. Then you're giving a tutorial on how to adjust your line up and how to level up and buy packs. The main way to earn points in single player is domination versing an AI team with your team and getting rewards such as players logos and game balls. If you want to play multiplayer then you vs someone elses team with your team. Something that sucks is when you play online there's always a chance you can get kicked out of the game. That can put a loss on your record and ruin your streak. And the chances of lagging out are always huge and it can really stump your day if you go on a 8-0 streak then lose because you got lagged out. And sometimes when you're in the game it can be laggy when you shoot the ball causing you to have a terrible release and get dookied on. The big gamemode is the 

MyLeague gamemode. This gamemode you can rebuild a team. Like trading players away and getting new ones and trying to make your team win the NBA finals. Or you can do a fantasy draft, get an old time player in to like MJ Kobe Karl Malone etc. Then pick your team and start drafting and see if your crafting abilities can win you the NBA championship. You can also remove rules like trade deadlines or even trade logic. You can play this mode with your friends and you guys can face off with the players you drafted. 

Another way to play multiplayer is the Neighborhood. 2v2 3v3 4v4 you name it. Your Mycareer player and some of your friends can play with each other at the MyPark/Neighborhood. You will press A on a little circle and hop on to play the next game with either your friend or a random. If you win the game you have a chance for your rep to go up. Your rep is a system of how many games you play and win. You unlock cool items and abilities the more you rank up in the Neighborhood. If you are bored of the MyPark you can go to the Cages Rec center and Pro-Am all different types of playstyles for your MyCareer player to level up.

2k20 is overall an amazing 2k with variety all over the board so you can have endless possibilities. Bugs and glitches may happen by 2k tries their best to fix whatever comes their way. And from My Career to the MyLeague your possibilities for this game are endless and I would recommend this game to anyone who likes the game of basketball.


The author's comments:

Its about a pouplar video game 2k20 and a new one comes out every year