A Game of Mayhem | Teen Ink

A Game of Mayhem

January 13, 2020
By siegjer BRONZE, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
siegjer BRONZE, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

      Borderlands 3 is a great game if you are looking for a game where you shoot enemies and loot almost anything around you. This game has a great story line with many twists and turns throughout it that make the player excited or maybe even mad because of what the developers decide to do with the characters. This game also has many good mechanics and you can change how you want to play depending on how you feel. There are many different ways to play and there are a lot of weapons you can pick up throughout your playthrough. There is a decent amount of leveling you can do but when you get to the cap you can still do more which is great if you like getting experience and just leveling.

       Borderlands 3 picks up sometime after the end of the second game with new characters and a new story line. There are new mechanics that were added to this game and multiple different weapons and different ways to play depending on what you like. There are four new characters that were added and the first was FL4K the beastmaster and Amara the siren. There was also Moze who was the gunner and finally Zane Flynt the operator. These are the characters that you play through the campaign with and you can play by yourself or with friends. All of these characters have there own ways to play but you can choose the way you want to play and there are many possibilities which I think is great because it can change based on what you like to do. An example of a possibility would be how you build FL4K because you can build him in different ways for beasts like your skag or you can use the rakks to do different amounts of damage based on how you want to play.  But this is something you’d have to experiment with if you haven't played before because of all the possibilities.

       There are multiple platforms for this video game that you can enjoy and experience this video game on. You begin the story with getting off of a bus and it takes you through a tutorial. It takes you to where you meet lilith who is your main commander throughout the game. You go through many different planets and you are going against the Children of the vult (COV) and their commanders who are Tyreen and Troy. You go to each of these planets looking for key fragments and you have to use them to unlock vaults and figure out what is inside them. There are also many weapons in this game and different manufacturers produce them. There is Jacobs which is a more western style of weaponry. You can shoot it as fast as you can pull the trigger which is good for a decent amount of time and it also depends on you build. There is also Maliwan which is elemental and it is good against different enemies based on which element you are using. Torgue is another one of them which is explosive but they also added elements to these weapons which adds to the values of these weapons. They decided to bring back atlas from the first game which is an alright weapon type but it all depends what kind of weapon you get. This is because this weapon really isn’t that special but on a few of these guns from this manufacturer there are homing bullets which adds to the fun. Tediore is another one which isn’t the best but there are good weapons that come out of it because you throw the weapon when you reload. Then finally there is COV which is the new weapon type that replaces bandit from borderlands 2. Even If you haven’t played any of the previous games you can still pick up the idea of what's going on throughout the story. In this game there is a new storyline that is in the future with new characters and doesn’t require very much backstory or experience. But you will get all the information that you need from just playing through the game.

      This is a good game because of how it plays and what you can do throughout the story like how you can build your characters based on what you like. An example of this is on FL4K you can build him beast based or you can build him crit based with is good for certain things like bosses. They also made good decisions to make this game better and more difficult by taking out slag which in borderlands 2 caused you to do more damage to an enemy under the effect of it. The story line in this game was a great one that was new and special that took you to new places. The new places that you are taken to different planets and one of them is promethea. You have to go to many different places to deal with similar problems which are the vaults and their keys. You also have to deal with the children of the vault and their leaders Tyreen and Troy who are siblings. it's hard to go into anymore detail without spoiling too much because of what happens with all the characters in this game.

       Finally overall this game is great and it can change based on how you want to play and I recommend this game to anyone that likes action, looting, and a little sexual comedy. I also want to recommend this game to anyone 16 and up because this game isn’t the most family friendly. But if you want something to waste time or just relax this is one of the best games for you. You will have fun and just enjoy yourself with your friends as you make it through the campaign and side missions and cause havoc throughout the borderlands universe.


The author's comments:

I'm a very big fan of the borderlands series and I have played all the games of the series because I find them very entertainment. Plus the games have very great humor which most of the time I find pretty funny.