Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Teen Ink

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

January 22, 2019
By 22dh03 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
22dh03 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Super Smash Bros Ultimate was the most hyped game to come out in 2018. That means people were excited when it came out on December 7.  The last game, Smash 4, was going to be the last game but Nintendo asked Masahiro Sakurai, the game's producer, to make a sequel.  When the game was first shown at a Direct live stream, viewers were told about the fighters pass and World of Light. The fighters pass would allow us to get more content when it would be added like characters are the fighters they all are different some are really good and some aren’t they are all different,  and stages. Because of the 70+ fighters and 103 stages and the ability to morph stages makes this game big and of course, its story mode. Fighting has always been the same scene the first game, up smash, side smash, down smash, side special, tilts, and more items to help. Like bombs, guns, swords, food, and defensive items. But none can compare to the Final Smash. There are two ways to get it, you can turn on a meter or get a smash orb they do the same thing whatever character you play as there Final Smash is different, most of them defeat the other player in one hit, to unlock a new fighter them you have to defeat them and then you can play them. The story mode in this game is called the World of Light this is the second game to have a true story mode. It is very long and starts out with all of the characters on a cliff looking at Galem. I don’t know what it is, they see master hands, which are bosses, and they blow up and turn into a hole and then rainbow lines come out and defeat everyone but Kirby escapes on his warp star then the game starts.  Whenever you open the game this song plays.

Colors weave into a spire of flame,

Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed,

Bear this torch against the cold of the night,

Search your soul and reawaken the undying light,

On that day, when the sky fell away,

Our world came to an end,

In our eyes, did a fading sunrise in the dark, glimmering shadows

Silence grows, in the spaces between,

Stretching out beyond time,

Rising up, as a chorus of souls finds a voice,

Flickering through the void,

These little sparks,

Cling onto life, everyone caught in the struggle,

And then the storms of change, they fan the flames scattering ashes to the wind,

Every soul contains a whisper of light, gleaming faint beyond the dwindle from sight

No escape no greater fate to be made,

in the end the chains of time will not break,

Colors weave into a spire of flame,

Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed,

Bear this torch against the cold of the night,

Search your soul and reawaken the undying light

 

Almost every track in the game sounds like that without lyrics

The whole story mode is about fighting Galeem,you have to fight spirits to get to him all of the fighters were cloned and have to fight the clones to save them. The controls are nice and responsive they feel just right for fighting I use the Nintendo pro controller.The game is beautiful and it runs good on the switch. At times the character models look choppy but it is really good when you are fighting. The colors pop and the music sounds good there are a few really good ones, some the have characters things to remind you of their newest adventures like, Mario has cappy as a taunt link wears his champions tunic etc. This game was really good and I suggest you buy it if you have a Nintendo Switch, as some people know this is going to be Masahiro Sakurai’s last game he will work on dlc but he is done on games he has made a lot of stuff he made kirby and worked at Hal Labs then quit and smash bros every single game there are 5 that does not seem like a lot but they are all pretty big and really good if there are more nintendo will probably make them.


The author's comments:

it took awhile