Pokemon Heart Gold Review | Teen Ink

Pokemon Heart Gold Review

January 17, 2019
By monstermasher0 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
monstermasher0 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If I think about my ages 9-12 the first thing that comes to my mind is pokemon. The only thing I talked about with my brothers was pokemon, different legendaries, how to catch them and different types. The whole pokemon universe captured our imaginations. We would rent pokemon DVDs from the library and watch every episode. We were all addicted. The start of this is when our parents bought us a Nintendo DS to share and we started to play pokemon on the DS.

Pokemon heart gold was very hard a nine year old, even 3 nine-year-olds working together it was still tuff. My brothers and I never beat the game but we still had a lot of fun playing it. We spent a lot more time then we should have on different areas and battles due to us just messing up and not understand mechanics but that was not important. The most important thing is we were having fun. We all spent countless hours taking turns on the DS always remembering to save. We grinded our pokemon leveling them up and talking about how we are going to find the next legendary. Or we all worked together trying to figure out what to do next (it was not very obvious for a nine-year-old). Pokemon heart gold created a lot of joy for us and I have very fond memories of it.

Revisiting the game now I see it has not gotten worse with age. I recently started up a new save on the game and restarted. The game is a lot of fun and even more fun when you are mentally capable enough to understand everything about it. The game is simple enough for a 9-year-old to play but has enough more complicated aspects anyone can have fun with it. I quickly got past the ending point where I and my brothers left off and kept playing. I was easily addicted to grinding and trying to get my 6 best pokemon. I was pretty sad when I neared the end. Pokemon is a very rewarding game and the work you put in feels worth it.

Pokemon is an amazing series with an amazing universe and all of that was perfect when being put into one game. Pokemon Heart Gold was the game of my childhood and really shaped my younger years. All of the hours I have put into it, even as a teenager felt fun rewarding and challenging at the same time. Playing Pokemon Heart Gold is worth it and I would recommend it to anyone.


The author's comments:

pretty cool stuff