Bloons Tower Defense 5 Review | Teen Ink

Bloons Tower Defense 5 Review

November 16, 2018
By Anonymous

This game is based off this never-ending war between monkeys and balloons. The objective is to pop all of the balloons before they get to your home base. If they get through your monkey defenses and into the base, you will lose hearts. If you run out of hearts, the game ends.

 It offers enjoyment for all ages and is simple to learn and master. There are many different modes depending on what you’re looking for. There is a multiplayer mode which allows you to team up and play with your friends. A single player offline mode which allows you and your family to play in all places with or without an internet connection. There is a wide variety of monkeys to use such as normal dart monkeys or the more advanced super monkey which can throw darts at supersonic speeds. The game offers a wide variety of different maps to choose from so you will never be bored. If you find the game laid-back to start with, then change the difficulty. The game offers easy, medium and hard on both maps and games.

This game was $6.99 before his newer version Bloons Tower Defense 6. It has now been reduced to $3.99 which is a steal of a deal. There isn’t much to complain about except for the unbalanced towers and characters to play with. Some characters offer defense against your base for many rounds while others offer little to no defense. This can make a player frustrated while they try and find the monkeys they enjoy playing with the most. The graphics aren’t the best but don’t make a difference to the gameplay. I highly recommend this game to all people, due to its nonviolent nature and childish background it will appeal to the younger ages.

There are in-game purchases that offer little advancement and should not make you feel like you are missing out on anything. I have been playing ever since its release on the internet and have not spent any money. It hasn’t affected my gameplay and all they offer is an easier way to win. If you want the challenge and thirst to rely on strategy and outwitting the balloons then don’t worry, money is not needed.