Marvel's Spider-Man | Teen Ink

Marvel's Spider-Man MAG

October 25, 2018
By jackpappas BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
jackpappas BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The amazing Spider-Man, otherwise known as Peter Parker, has returned to New York City – at least in video game form. On September 7, 2018, Marvel – with the help of Insomniac Games – released and sold 3.3 million copies of “Spider-Man” to fans all over the world.

I was lucky enough to secure a copy of this highly anticipated game. “Spider-Man” is Insomniac Games’ first licensed video game, and it can only be played on the Playstation 4. I was in luck! Not only did I own a PS4, but it was still summer vacation and I did not have to worry about waking up early, going to class, doing homework, or playing sports. I could play 24-7 if I wanted; my addiction to this game was well underway.

As soon as the game started, I could tell that the creators did their homework. I think this is what makes this game different from all other video games out there. As mentioned before, the setting of the game is New York City and all of the famous places are there: Rockefeller Center, the Flatiron Building, the Empire State Building and even the Freedom Tower. Swinging through Manhattan on webs, doing cool tricks in the air, running up and down walls, and flying to perches is incredibly fun.

While the movement in this game is incredible, “Spider-Man” offers even more. The main storyline contains some background that Spider-Man fans already know, but it is also full of many new surprises and plot twists. Basically, the game consists of multiple challenges that Spider-Man has to tackle. We play along as Peter Parker, the man in the costume, and live these adventures with him. From fighting 20 escaped prisoners to saving hundreds of people by disarming multiple bombs, this game has everything. Most of the missions have to be done stealthily, avoiding being seen by an enemy. An added benefit to these missions is the ability to buy gadgets and various suits with special powers using tokens earned from completing tasks. This allows each mission to be unique depending on the suit Spider-Man is wearing and the gadgets he uses to fight his enemies.

“Spider-Man” is the seventh best-selling video game of all time. Not only do people seem to just love anything Spider-Man, but this game is so well-designed and interesting that it captures players’ attention from the moment it’s turned on. I have been playing the game for around one month, and I still have not come close to completing it. “Spider-Man” is  worth every penny. I give the game a 10/10 for its stunning graphics and main storyline. If you have a PS4 and haven’t played the game yet, I highly recommend buying it.


The author's comments:

My name is Jack and I am from Wyckoff NJ.