Once Upon A Time | Teen Ink

Once Upon A Time

September 15, 2015
By Trisaratop14 BRONZE, Lomond, Other
Trisaratop14 BRONZE, Lomond, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This 2011 show brought to us by the producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis is a magical series based on every fairytale you can think of with a little twist. Yes any fairy tale character you can think of is in the show. Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen etc., but the storyline is completely messed up making the show even more interesting.

It all starts in the fairy tale world when Snow White and Prince Charming get married. Until that is, the Evil Queen (played by Lana Parrilla) destroys everyone's happiness with a curse to end her suffering. This is one way that the storyline of the original disney fairy tales are mixed up, the Bad guy wins or so we think. The characters are sent to a  horrifying world…our world. Luckily there is a way to break this curse to end everyone's everlasting suffering. ¨The Savior¨

In the ¨new land¨ no one knows who they are. Only there is one little boy who knows, his name is Henry. His role in the storyline was to find the savior and help her through the hard journey. Some people could say he is the mentor on this journey. In the first season they break the curse but as always in life there are more obstacles thrown at you. This keeps the story interesting and puts you on the edge of your seat.

In season one we are introduced to the town of Storybrooke, Maine.  Where the whole curse is set up. You see that every episode has a new fairy tale character that can relate to the one big problem in that season. Henry (played by jared S. Gilmore) is a very smart young man (season one age 11). He  relates to his problems as a fairy tale or so everyone else thought. In the series there is a book but not just any book. Lets just say a magical book with all of the stories that happened in the fairytale world. It is an important part of the show.

Drama. A little bit goes a long way but it is one way to keep a show interesting. It turns out that everywhere one character goes it creates a problem for ¨The Savior.¨putting lots of pressure on her and the people around her.

As we know people can change in real life, but that doesn't mean that they cant change in a fairytale. Thanks to the two creative producers they can. By scrambling everything up maybe even good guys can change…

I think that this show is a brilliant show that touches the little kid in everyone but at the same time it touches the adult inside us. I love every part of the show and something interesting happens around every corner. Keeping things interesting. Every time an episode ends it leaves you hanging and you want to watch more. It is so exciting and my adrenaline is raised after every episode. This show is in my best interest I love curling up on the couch when it is on, and watching every juicy episode with the family. I hope that the show never ends because well I love it and it gives us a dose of fairytale and reality. It is a perfect comb. This drama will for sure be forever in my heart.