The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 9 | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 9

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 9

It's Better Now
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
*SPOILERS AHEAD* "What Happened and What's Going On" does not have much of a plot existing throughout the episode other than the, discovering stuff. But as it progresses, you have to admit, the episode really hits you. 

The episode starts off with very slow pacing and much of the dialogue are spoken through visuals. The gory imagery were taken quite a bit higher than usual, and there were a couple of slow motion scenes which were shot beautifully and the added visuals were great. 

The episode also kind of felt like a recap of what happened so far in the show, thus "What Happened". 

As for "What's Going On", I really thought it was just gonna be your typical and ordinary The Walking Dead episode which will bore you to death. Then, the episode suddenly became intriguing and intense scenes were thrown in it, and something occurred which I wasn't expecting as much. I was surprised went recent characters that had died made an appearance in the episode and brought hitting dialogue not just at Tyrese but at the audience as well. The dialogue improved a lot and the intense scenes towards the end really brought me to the edge of my seat. 

For once, I actually felt for the death of Tyrese because I had no expectation of him dying at all in this episode and how he interacted with the dead characters were just executed so well. 
One of the most underrated TWD episodes to date and although it doesn't quite reach the standards of episodes like "Too Far Gone" or "No Sanctuary", it's an episode that hits you and make you feel for the characters. 

Expecting more from the second half of TWD especially since they can now adapt a great storyline from the comics.
+An episode that hits you, 
-Slow pacing, 
-Boring at start, 
-Not much plot 
+Unexpected turns, 
+Tyrese's interaction with the dead,

+Visuals.

hs.nerd said...
on Oct. 24 2016 at 9:47 am
I wish he didn't die!

vvstone said...
vvstone, Cartersville, Georgia

"This isn't a democracy anymore." - Rick Grimes, AMCs The Walking Dead

Tyreese's death made me cry. HARD.