The Flash | Teen Ink

The Flash

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

"The Sound and Fury" is an engaging and well rounded episode which deals more with intellect rather than speed.

When a new villain who is so called "Pied Piper" shows up and causes havoc, it's only certain for the Flash to face him. But it wasn't just an ordinary fight, it turns out that Dr. Wells used to be affiliated with Hartley Rathaway (Pied Piper) and from there on the episode had never let go of my attention and interest.

The episode gave way to development and the answers of some questions concerning Dr. Wells' mysterious character that has been intriguing us for eleven episodes now. It sure was intriguing to see and theorize on what Dr. Wells thinks and plans every episode and the reveal scenes were somewhat satisfying. Dr. Wells and Barry's relationship develop was an entertaining watch rather than the scenes wherein Iris tries to be a better journalist. I sure was glad the scenes with Barry and Iris together were lessened in the episode and it was more of a focus on Iris on her own trying to become a much more interesting character. Andy Mientus' performance as the Pied Piper was brilliant and menacing through out the episode. It was nice to see an antagonist who can level with the intellect of Star Labs and Dr. Wells himself. The scenes wherein they battle Pied Piper were well done and the action delivered as usual. Although there are scenes when visuals look great and then scenes where the visuals look substandard.

Overall, entertaining, great performances and intriguing reveals.
+Pied Piper,
+Development for Dr. Wells character and his relationship with Star Labs,
+Less Barry and Iris scenes,
- Iris still fighting to be an interesting character,
-Visuals looked substandard in some scenes

Verdict: 8.2/10