Attack On Titan | Teen Ink

Attack On Titan

By superwholockian1923 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
superwholockian1923 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

Do you ever find yourself at the end of watching a TV show and longing to watch more action and drama? Though many haven’t really explored it, the world of anime is the way to turn. One of the most popular anime today, Shingeki no Kyojin, or Attack on Titan, features both of these elements extremely well with its fast-action, well-animated series, based on the manga of the same name. The story takes its setting in 845 A.D., in an unknown location similar to Germany, and provides viewers with a backstory that helps set the scene. When the show starts, it has already been nearly a century since the last invasion of the Titans, giant humanoid creatures whose prey is humans, wiped out almost the entire world, leaving the survivors to build three 50-meter tall walls. The first wall to be breached was the outer wall, Wall Maria, resulting in the precious, hundred-year-old barrier falling to the enemy. The plot then follows 10 year old Eren Jaeger, who witnessed his mother being devoured by a Titan, along with his friends Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert as the dynamic trio make new friends in military training. At the very end of their training session, the same colossal Titan appears and breaches the middle wall, Wall Rose, forcing the entire 104th Trainees Squad to come to the rescue in order to save the lives of the Wall Rose residents, specifically in the district of Trost.
The story then follows the Trainee Squad as they enter two years later and graduate three years after that. Immediately after their graduation, students must choose one of three positions: The Garrison, which guard and maintain the middle wall; the Military Police, or the king's guards, where only the top ten of each graduating class may join that guards the king at his palace; and the Survey Corps, which is comprised of police forces fighting in Titan territory to regain what was once their land and is the most dangerous of the three teams. Most of the main characters, including Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, all join the Survey Corps, despite the first two having the option of living inside the walls.

The show features many fast-paced fighting sequences that are full of action and excitement, in addition to the horror of watching the shocking first episode. Unsuspecting of the terror of the pilot, viewers are initially taken aback, but then adjust to the rest of the series' jarring and unexpected plot twists, along with multiple fighting scenes that took an eternity to create. Viewers also see their new favorite characters undergo drastic character development as they grow older and more mature, and have multiple blockades thrown their way. A short but cliffhanger-filled first season, Attack On Titan has captured the hearts of many young fans, and has set a great stage for the English dub on Cartoon Network, any anime they wish to watch in the future, and, most importantly, for season 2 of Attack On Titan.

Tinakoo_Tinoco, Chicago, Illinois

"Its better off to get up and move on, than to sit there and watch your misery go by"

To this day i still don't understand why this sho gets hate. I love this show and so does everyone else, but there are some people that hate this so, and i don't get it... what isnt there to loke about this anime?