X-Files | Teen Ink

X-Files MAG

A killer with no mercy and no body is actually a quad-amputee Gulf War veteran. An immortal serial killer who makes his home in a hole in the wall, surrounded by saliva soaked newspaper in the basement of an abandoned apartment building, who eats human livers to survive, hibernates for 30 years, wakes up and kills again. A person stuck in a cabin six miles into the woods with a dying generator, knowing that if the lights go out a breed of unknown ancient insect will only come out at night, and suck a person's bodily fluids and leave the dead in a cocoon-like web. Alien abductions. Government cover-ups.

These are some of the things that the stars on The X-Files have encountered, the hit TV show that airs Friday nights.

The show is about two special agents with the FBI who have been assigned to investigate cases known as The X-Files that are extraordinary cases dealing with everything from the supernatural to unexplainable deaths in a camp of circus sideshow freaks.

Mulder is sort of a fanatic believer the supernatural. Ever since his sister was abducted, he believes that another life form exists, somewhere, and keeps searching for answers to what they wanted with his sister, and if he'll ever see her again. Scully, played by Gillian Anderson, is also a believer (but not as fanatical) in alien life forms and weird creatures.

So when Friday night rolls around, give your date a call and tell him (or her) that you just came down with some disease carried by a bug from Russia. If your date doesn't believe that, you can always try the old classic sore throat line. After you successfully get your date ripping mad, throw some popcorn in the microwave, unplug the phone, plop down on the couch, flick on the TV and enjoy