South Park | Teen Ink

South Park MAG

Recently Comedy Central debuted one of its newest shows, "South Park." It is an off-beat animated comedy which tells of the twisted adventures of four foul-mouthed third graders. Its setting is the small Colorado town of South Park where the police are less than competent, the mayor is publicity hungry, the people are strange, and the teacher carries around a strange psycho sock-puppet named "Mr. Hat." Though it is animated, the show is geared toward mature viewers, such as teenagers and adults, because of excessive cursing and strange plot lines.

I recently saw it for the first time, and believe me when I say it is one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. If you enjoy "Beavis & Butt-head," and/or really hate those children shows like "Barney" and "The Care Bears," this is for you. Its comedy is better than "Beavis & Butt-head" because it is not based on morons. Each character has his/her own personality. What really makes the show funny is the four kids' conversations. Whatever they do or talk about, they usually end up fighting, and the way they throw jokes back and forth is hilarious.

Another strong point of the show is its topics, which are strange and something you would never think of, but that's what makes it so funny: you would never think of it.

Though the animation is crude, it makes the show all the more funny - they look like cut-out figures. If you're interested in watching, it is on Comedy Central at 10 p.m. on the East Coast on Wednesday nights,or you can check your local listings

resilva BRONZE said...
resilva BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
I watch that show all the time. It may be over the top and crude, but that's the beauty of it. Those South Park creators are absolutely fearless; I love them.