Doctor Who | Teen Ink

Doctor Who

December 15, 2009
By Alex Kannenberg BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Alex Kannenberg BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
4 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Imagine if you could go anywhere in the universe at any time. You could back to ancient Greece; you could go to the future of some alien. For The Doctor, this isn’t some dream, this reality.

The Doctor, as he calls himself, is a Time Lord, the last of Time Lords, and he has a time machine that can take him to almost any time any place in the universe. The Time Lords died in a massive war with a race known as the Daleks, who are now also extinct. The Doctor cannot go back to the war, as there are laws to time travel. He usually travels with a companion.

The Doctor is played by David Tennant, who plays The Doctor’s personality wonderfully. The director is Coolin Teague, and the producer is Phil Colinson. The Mill, the company that does the visual effects, does an amazing job, because while this show is filled with special effects, they don’t go overboard, but they hardly leave anything out. The Doctor’s most famous companion, Rose Tyler, is played by Billie Piper.

This has everything a Sci-Fi TV Show should have. Time machines, space ships, lost civilizations, aliens, mystery, and comedy (All shows need a little comedy.) As I said before, the special effects are amazing, the graphics are well done, and very little looks fake. All the episodes are well laid out, and they are fairly easy to follow. If you haven’t seen some of the previous episodes, parts can be a little confusing, but there’s usually an explanation not far behind.

Doctor Who is an amazing show. The Doctor’s views on humans will often draw a chuckle. I highly recommend any Sci-Fi to watch this show, you won’t be disappointed.