The Milwaukee Bucks in The NBA Playoffs | Teen Ink

The Milwaukee Bucks in The NBA Playoffs

By 0hayes BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
0hayes BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Bucks in The NBA Playoffs

I am not usually much for watching basketball on TV, whether that is college or NBA. I have never played basketball and don’t plan on doing so in the future, so when it came to watching basketball, I had no reason or passion.

So when I heard that the The Milwaukee Bucks (my local NBA team) had the best record in the league, I didn’t pay much attention. I was surprised just because I knew that the Bucks were typically pretty bad but I didn’t happen to watch the games.

Then, one night my dad was watching the Bucks vs. the 76ers and I decided to join. Only a few minutes of watching and I was hooked. The season progressed and I grew more intrigued with every new game. I started to memorize the players and their strengths and weaknesses.

Shortly after becoming interested in the Bucks, they had entered the first round of playoffs against the Detroit Pistons. Before the first game I didn’t try to jinx anything but I knew based off of their season record and starting line up that The Bucks would sweep the Pistons in the first four games. After the first game with the Bucks winning by 35 points, my theory was confirmed.

Even though I was certain the Bucks would win each game, I could not look away. I couldn’t wait to get more action from the players on the Bucks like Giannis Antetokounmpo, Eric Bledsoe, and Khris Middleton. I was mostly impressed with the depth of the Bucks’ roster such as Pat Connaughton, DJ Wilson, and Sterling Brown.  

The more I watch the Bucks play in the playoffs I find more reasons as to why they are so unstoppable. The Bucks have a talented roster including two all star players not to mention the NBA coach of the year, Mike Budenholzer. Not only that but they have a brand new stadium, (The Fiserv Forum) with thousands of local fans cheering them on. When all put together, the Bucks have created a powerhouse of talent and determination, ready to finish what they started—win the NBA finals.

I look forward to getting to watch the Bucks take on the Boston Celtics in the second round of playoffs. Overall, I am very pleased to be a local supporter of the best team in the league. The Bucks have transformed me from being completely uninterested in basketball to totally being consumed and intrigued in their journey to the top.