The Good Place Review | Teen Ink

The Good Place Review

By jessiegreenman SILVER, Hemet, California
jessiegreenman SILVER, Hemet, California

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique- Walt Disney

The Good Place was originally released in September 2016 on NBC. The Good Place stars Kristen Bell as Eleanor the shows protagonist, Jameela Jamil as Tahani is a social light that spent her life doing charity events, William Harper as Chidi who is a moral philosophy Professor, Manny Jacinto who plays Jianu (aka Jason Mendoza) a monk who took a vow of Silence when he was 8, and Ted Danson as Michael Who is an architect in the whole designer of the good place. All of the characters are very dynamic and have a very complex life as the show goes on we continue to learn about the characters traits and bad things that they did during their life. The shows many theme is that no matter how bad you are you can change with the right influences. Eleanor is a prime example of this before she meet Chidi she is a terrible person who is rude to everyone and has no remorse for her actions. But after she starts to learn about moral philosophy she begins to feel sorry for others. The plot line has a lot of twists and turns for example we thought that Jianu was just a silence monk but he is exactly Jason Mendoza a party DJ. Overall the show is 4 out of 5 stars because it had a well thought out storyline, dynamic characters, and a amazing set.

A revew of the Good Place