Family Guy | Teen Ink

Family Guy

October 15, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Family Guy is one of Seth MacFarlane's greatest and might be the funniest show on air. From the always reliable for a laugh Peter, the ugly Meg who's always there to be made fun of, the gorgeous Lois, the ironic Joe, the kinky Quagmire, the dumb Chris, the relatable dog, Brian, and a fan-favorite Stewie who always make the show interesting. Peter and his friends (Cleveland, Quagmire, and Joe) always cause mischief that cause the audience to erupt with laughter. All of the characters aren't afraid to poke at themselves, and this allows almost all of them to have fourth-wall breaking moments that allow the movie to develop into a thought-through, originitave show. 

 

Nobody in the show is perfect, which allows viewers to be swept away to the fictional town of Quahog, Rhode Island. Brian is a left-winged, try-hard that almost never manages to surpass his goals, Peter is a buffoon that has at least one relatable moment for everybody, Stewie is just a genius baby who tries to kill his mother while figuring out how the world works, Chris is a teenager just trying to fit in, Joe has to deal with being in a wheelchair, Cleveland has to face issues related to the fact that he's a minority, and Meg has an incomprehensible amount of issues and at least one of them is sure to show up per episode. The show isn't afraid to make fun of the voices of the characters, as well as reference other famous people, places, ideas, or things. Not to be outdone, but there's an incredible amount of irony in the show, which helps to create thrilling turns and shocking twists. 


There's a wide range of episodes that go from time-traveling with Stewie and Brian, solving mysterious murders, or something as common as going on a road trip. However, each and every episode manages to pack in laugh-out-loud fun, while typically elucidating actual themes. It's easy to see why the show is one of the longest-running ones in history. There's enough history that it's easy to get swept up by all of the mayhem and conflicts, and because there are so many episodes and seasons, there is just an insane amount of character development. Family Guy is an always entertaining show that's hard to not like and is a perfect comedy for just about anyone and everyone. 


The author's comments:

"Um, okay... this is news to me." - Peter Griffin