Big Bad World | Teen Ink

Big Bad World

February 19, 2009
By thalia847 GOLD, Tempe, Arizona
thalia847 GOLD, Tempe, Arizona
13 articles 4 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be Who you are and say what you feel because those you mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"


“Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true”

In 2006, “Hey There Delilah” was a big break in to the mainstream and won the hearts of many teenagers. The Plain White T’s made the ballad, off of 2006’s Every Second Counts, a worldwide hit.

The band made the Billboard Hot 100, Pop 100 and Hot Digital songs lists as No. 1 in 2007 just with “ Hey There Delilah”.

In 1997 The Plain White T’s was formed and 11 years later On Sept. 23 the band’s new album was released. Some of the top tracks on their new album are “Big Bad world,” “1,2,3,4,” and “Serious Mistake.”

Personally, my favorite song on the new album is “1,2,3,4”. It made my heart want to melt away when I listened to the lyrics. It’s heartwarming song about how much the singer is in love with the girl and how he wants her to be with him.

Hearing their new album Big Bad World for the first time ever made me want to sing along with every song, even if I hadn’t heard the song before.

The T’s have different variety of types of songs on the new album. "Big Bad World" and "Natural Disaster" introduce that tight vocal sound, while "Sunlight" goes back to ྂs soft rock sound.

At times, these 10 songs will make any pop-adoring fans jump out of their seat and start dancing and at other times it will make you want to sit and listen while you get butterflies in your stomach.

But even though there are some songs on the album that you just want to repeatedly listen too, the T’s still have some big-sized shoes to fill after the song “Hey There Delilah”. The T’s probably won’t ever reach that high again but they just might get close with this new album, Big Bad World.