Operation: Mindcrime | Teen Ink

Operation: Mindcrime MAG

EMI Approx. Time: 59 min.

"Queensryche" (Geoff Tate, vocals, Chris DeGarmo, guitar, Mike Wilton, guitar, Eddie Jackson, bass, and Scott Rockenfeld, drums) have created one of the strongest and most intense albums of all time with "Operation: Mindcrime." The fourth album by this metal quintet from Seattle has powerful lyrics, dealing with anarchy, violence, insanity, and ultimately, death. The songs include "Revolution Calling," which is the best metal song ever written, as well as "I Don't Believe In Love," "Breaking The Silence," and "My Empty Room" and "Eyes Of A Stranger." The album, although it doesn't have much variety musically, has incredible lyrics. It's somewhat of an acquired taste, but soon, you'll start to love it and you'll never let it out of your house. HHHH 1/2

How and Where To Get It

I got this album for $4.00, new, at Planet. Because it recently went "gold" ( it passed the million dollar sales mark), "Operation: Mindcrime" can be found at most record stores. For the best bargain, try Planet.

If you enjoy this album, you may want to try to find some of Queensryche's earlier albums, such as "Rage to Order," "The Warning" or their self-titled debut. Although these could be harder to find than "Operation: Mindcrime," you can generally find them at stores like Nuggets or possibly Newbury Comics, Tower or Planet.n

i love this so much!