Ou812 | Teen Ink

Ou812 MAG

Although "OU812" is not Van Halen's latest album, it is by far their best. This incredible foursome has surpassed the labels branded on rock artists by reaching new heights in music history. With the talents of bassist Michael Anthony, drummer Alex Van Halen, lead guitarist Edward Van Halen, and singer Sammy Hagar, it is no wonder that Van Halen is considered one of the all time greatest rock bands. Unlike past albums, "OU8l2" unleashes the band's ability to play with a more upbeat style. Eddie refers to this as his "rock 'n' roll album."

The record as a whole is a perfect combination of the band's past style and the new sounds of L.A. rock. The nine songs could be grouped in three sets. The first includes "A.F.U.," "Source of Infection," and "Sucker in a Three Piece."All have a strong rock content, and feature Eddie's two handed tap-on techniques combined with innovative riffs. The second set are "Mine All Mine," "When It's Love," and "Feels So Good." These are mainly keyboard pop rock songs with a strong variety of synthetic sounds. The final three are "Cabo Wabo," "Finish What Ya Started," and "Black and Blue."

Eddie's talent in guitar playing shines through on these songs, which helps to show us Van Halen's ability to outdo even themselves, and set standards for modern rock 'n' roll. Van Halen is excellent at adding meaning to their great music. The first song on the album, "Mine All Mine," is a perfect example. Here are a few lines: "Stop looking out, start looking in. Be your own best friend. Stand up and say, this is mine." The lyrics deal with people's insecurity with their true selves and trying to please others with a false image. Some other topics include love, sex, and just having fun.

The mixture of great music and vocals makes "OU812" easy to listen to and great food for thought. Most fans would undoubtedly say that Eddie Van Halen is the greatest rock 'n' roll guitarist alive. His extreme style and consistent additions to modern guitar playing dominate the air waves with an unbelievable sound.

"OU812" features some of Eddie's best guitar playing, with a perfect mix of classic Van Halen and their wild new style. Eddie is known for his ability to draw out new sounds from his guitar, and "OU812" is no exception. Some people say that these sounds are produced by digital effect boxes, but "Eruption" (the solo which put Eddie on the map) was performed out of a fifty dollar piece of junk. No matter how you look at it, Eddie has played a major role in the shaping of modern rock guitar.

The hard work Van Halen put into "OU812" has rewarded us with a historic record. This album is easy to listen to and hard to get away from because of its catchy rhythms. Anyone who loves rock will love "OU812." n

i love this so much!