City Of Angels Soundtrack | Teen Ink

City Of Angels Soundtrack MAG

"City of Angels" SoundtrackI have wanted the "City of Angels" soundtrack since the first time I heard "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. It was the number one selling soundtrack for months and I was pleased by the singles I'd heard. When my parents bought me the CD, I was ecstatic. As soon as I listened to it, however, I was very disappointed.With singers like Alanis Morissette, Jimi Hendrix, Paula Cole, Sarah McLachlan, Peter Gabriel and Eric Clapton, I expected an outstanding compilation. Although it is good, I don't think that it is as good as it could be. The first song, "If God Will Send His Angels," is a nice song, but it is not as good as most U2 songs. "Uninvited" (by Alanis Morissette) is one of the best on the album, with really nice lyrics and a wonderful melody. This was one of the reasons I wanted this CD in the first place. But the main reason was a little song called "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. I am in love with this song (and the lead singer for writing it). "Red House" by Jimi Hendrix is okay, but it's not my kind of music. Paula Cole's song, "Feelin' Love," isn't very good, but neither are any of her other songs as far as I am concerned. "Mama, You Got a Daughter" by John Lee Hooker is a nice little song. Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" is a pretty song and one of the better ones on the album. Peter Gabriel and Eric Clapton are both very good artists, but their songs on this album are not good at all. Gabriel Yard has quite a few songs at the end of the album which are very pretty.Overall, the "City of Angels" soundtrack is an okay CD, with a few really bad songs and a few really good songs. Even with "Uninvited" and "Iris," it's not that great. I give this CD three stars (out of four). It has many types of songs and arrangements. Even though I don't understand why it was the number one selling soundtrack for so long, I think this is a CD worth having in your collection. .Review by Chana Kuhns, Wilmington, DE

i love this so much!