Breakaway | Teen Ink

Breakaway MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Kelly Clarkson first topped the charts with her recordbreaking single “A Moment Like This” from the TV show “American Idol.” On her sophomore album “Breakaway,” she made major changes to the sound her fans had come to love. She retains the incredible power and beauty of her voice while switching to rock. This is evident in “Since U Been Gone.” “Behind These Hazel Eyes” is an instant classic, with an upbeat yet smooth sound that makes you feel for this hazel-eyed beauty. By far the most emotional track on the album is “Because of You,” which describes the unfortunate accident of a friend. With little back-up music to distract from the message, it is a very touching experience.

The definite highlight for a rock lover is “Hear Me,” an intense cacophony of musical passion about a girl screaming for someone to notice her. The final track is definitely for returning fans. “Beautiful Disaster” appeared on Kelly's first album but pales in comparison to this new live version. Performed with only a piano, Kelly is able to display her amazing talent.

For those who loved her old sound, “Breakaway” may take some getting used to, but it is a musical experience not to be missed. The lyrics are passionate and any teenager can relate to them on some plane. “Breakaway” is sure to please any musical palette; though it is primarily rock, the album contains a few slower and more bluesy tunes that are universally appealing. Take a chance and buy the CD, it's worth it..

i love this so much!

on Nov. 13 2008 at 11:41 pm
This is a truly strong review of how you think of an artist and how it had come to touch your heart. I have listened to a few of her songs and thought the exact same way that you feel here. I will be looking forward for more of your reviewPr