Hopsin's Raw by Hopsin | Teen Ink

Hopsin's Raw by Hopsin

April 14, 2012
By BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina
BraxtonLangstonChapman SILVER, Lexington, North Carolina
9 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dedication, Hard Work


Born with the name Marcus Hopson, but most commonly known from his stage name Hopsin. Marcus is a hip-hop musician who gained most of his success from uploading music videos onto YouTube. Mostly known after leaving Ruthless-Records where he was miss treated by Eazy-E's Wife. After signing to another label known as Funk Volume he began to dis Ruthless-Records and Eazy-E's wife; Hopsin dedicated a whole song to her called, "Kill Her" which included death threats through out the whole song. Marcus released a song called "Sag My Pants" in 2010 which has over 10 million views on YouTube. The song included plenty of threats at more known hip-hop artist such as Drake, Nicki Minaj, and Lil Wayne. Sag my Pants appeared on his first album under Funk Volume called "Raw". Hopsin's Raw included more disses to Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Wacka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane. After his first album was released Hopsin began to put out an annual music video called "I'll Mind Of Hopsin" Where he speaks on different topics. In the most recent song he began to take shots at the over night artist Tyler The Creator. Tyler has not payed any attention to the shots. Most artist haven't but Hopsin has been constantly bought up in hip-hop conversations. In my opinion I've thought that Hopsin was always great, but he's only recently been shown on TV in the New 2012 XXL freshman Cypher and featured in Tech 9's single, "Am I Psycho" with B.O.B. To the people on the "Hop-Train" Hopsin may not seem like someone to watch out for, but if you have never heard of him he is definitely someone to watch out for!

Get ready for Knock Madness