Inside the head of a GNR fan. | Teen Ink

Inside the head of a GNR fan.

By Lario BRONZE, Sun Valley, California
Lario BRONZE, Sun Valley, California

Seeing Guns N’ Roses gives this awesome euphoric feeling of finally getting to rock stars perform.

Guns N’ Roses is a hard rock/metal band that was formed back in 1985 in LA with a long awesome background history of great music hits and commercial success with Axl Rose being head of the Guns N’ Roses with its original members starting Slash and Duff McKagan. They have their sweet pickups of melody that carry on songs with vocals through albums and concerts.

The Guns N’ Roses concert is a truly amazing rock experience as a person who has been to rock concerts this is an excellent first-time experience to immerse yourself with others to experience the same feeling.

This is great because in this experience you have a chance to get away from the world and join others to enjoy a new experience that can get you out of your comfort zone and have something to tell other people that you went somewhere awesome for you to express your enjoyment from your own experience and make more friends. Personally, my recommendation to enjoy the concretes would be to listen to songs made by them such as “Sweet Ol’ Child", "Welcome to the Jungle", and “Night Train.” Fans and radio stations have chosen these songs as some of the most popular songs. Albums selected by fans are” Use Your Illusion I” and “The Spaghetti Incident?”.Not many people will like this type of music but you never know until you try and maybe you can meet new people bring new friends into your group or meet someone. I would recommend coming to the Guns N’ Roses concert to those who want to expand their hard rock music taste. 

During the time my mother and I went there were flashing lights coming out of the NorthHollyWood Bowl different people on the sidewalks performing tricks selling shirts, food, drinks, and popcorn there was almost everything that you can think of. Upon entering your seating you see this big giant bowl with seating top to bottom. The show started with this weir intro which I’m unable to explain but there were guns vines and ribbons all making the Guns N’ Roses logo soon after they started playing “It’s So Easy” with their signature lighting of green and red with a bit of yellow to give it this feeling and to make an image in you head about the song.

I chose this piece because it is one of the big events that I remember clearly because I was there to the end. When I chose this review I needed to grab the attention of the reader to get them entertained, then go first through the history of who they are to get the audience/reader familiar with them. Then dive into how and why this is a great concrete and why I recommend it. In order to persuade them I needed some support by suggesting top hit songs as recommendations and visuals to get the reader to paint a picture to get them thinking. Afterward, I will go into detail about my personal experience going in last because I believe personal experience is a big part of reviewing without it you are just talking about whatever comes to your head and putting it down. I received a lot of help from my teacher Mr. Sanchez supporting me with more background history of Guns N’ Roses along with other visuals he saw and noticed.