Die A Legend | Teen Ink

Die A Legend

June 10, 2019
By LaMarr-Alexander BRONZE, Sacramento, California
LaMarr-Alexander BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

EQ:Should people listen to Die A Legend?

Die A Legend is an album from the upcoming rapper/ hip hop star Taurus Tremani Bartlett aka Polo G. He is a  20 year old rapper from Chicago, Illinois.  Some of his music that put him on the map is Pop Out, Battle Cry, and Finer Things.  Die A Legend was released on June 7th, 2019. It features some of his older hard rap flow and some of his melodic flows. People should listen to this underrated album because it is well rounded.


Polo G’s Die A Legend is his debut album  that showcases 14. Die A Legend has songs that feature big artist like Lil Baby and Gunna on the song Pop Out Again. He remixed one of his most popular songs and replaced his verse with a new one. Polo G used one of his melodic flows on this which adds diversity to the song since the other two rappers are rapping.He can also sing in a song by himself and it comes out good. For example, in his song “Effortless” he is singing while talking about his hardships while he was growing up. Like when the people closest to him were dying. He offers his emotion while keep the song upbeat. This something he excels in and most artist can’t. He also uses his hard rap flow in songs like Lost Flies and A King’s Nightmare. These songs represent his old self before he started to sing. These songs talk about his hardships in a more aggressive tone.  He goes into more detail about his gang life and more people he lost on his journey. This album showcases how well rounded it was by showing his singing side and his hardcore side. It also features good production and good lyrics.

 

People should listen to Die A Legend because it features different sounds and changes tones in different songs. A lot of people who likes Hip Hop and Rap will like the album. People should give Polo G more thought because he is very underrated.