Sabrina Claudio | Teen Ink

Sabrina Claudio

November 29, 2018
By Lilylove143 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Lilylove143 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As a teenager the idea of love is something that I've always wanted. The love that you would see on a tv or even hear on the radio that makes you feel like butterflies and fireworks are somehow coexisting in your stomach. Sabrina Claudio's album “About Time” gives you that feeling but also gradually presents reality. The entire album is like a portrayal of a real relationship with both  good and bad.

First song on the Album is “About time” which technically isn't a song. It's a poem using a rose as a representation of herself as a new beginning with questions about accepting change and changing things she can't accept “this time, next time” or “about time”. Now this is where every song paints its portrait of a relationship beginning with the dating stage. “Natural” is about having a crush where time with your partner is everything and falling for them was natural like it was fates work at its best. Next stage in relationships is the facing obstacles in the way of undying love bring up the next song.

“Everlasting love” is about falling for someone at a strange time where challenges may appear but the the ability to prevent then shows the strength of the relationship. Remember the coexisting butterflies and fireworks are important which is caused by the next song “Belong to you” is not only a song that everyone wants to experience with wanting someone “mental and physically” with “love” and passion but it is a song you can keep on repeat for hours due to its beat which is easy to vibe with. But with the good comes the bad.

”Unravel me” is personally one of my favorite songs because i can relate to it one hundred percent also its a song that leaves you in a swaying motion and singing every word . It is about uncertainties of a relationship due to being hurt before so opening up close to impossible. The next song its pure butterflies also another favorite of mine. “Stand Still” is a sensual but relaxed song. After a fight there will be a time to make up. Realizing you “don't want to fight” but you want them, “trust”, “lust”, and “love” as time stands still.

But with a up come another down which is “Wanna Know”. It is basically all of the insecurities on the table and upfront, were you want to know if ur partner feels the same as you do because if not it's time to walk away. Thankfully the next two songs are back to perfect which is “Frozen” and “We Have Time”. “Frozen” is my favorite because it's a song about being in love and nothing else matter but being together. “We Have Time” is like everything is perfect and there is time to grow with each other to make bigger plans. But unfortunately there was a end which is the last two songs on the Album. “Use to” and “Wait” which aren't like typical break up songs because tempo gives you a mixtures of pop, jazz, and island vibes.

Sabrina  Claudio's Album “About Time” is a album i can honestly listen to on repeat all day. Not only are the lyrics in ever song highly relatable and catchy but the beat in every song matches perfectly which makes it worth listening to. On top of that Sabrina's voice is a voice you can't really compare to others because she have her own sound which amplifies this album even more. I would definitely recommend this album for any one who been through a relationship, want to have a idea of a relationship feels like, or just to have quality music to listen to. I believe people that listen to pop or R&B music you will love her album too.


The author's comments:

This is a album review on Sabrina Claudio's album "About Time" and comparing it to a relationship.