The Beatles [White Album] by The Beatles | Teen Ink

The Beatles [White Album] by The Beatles

By CoolPoet737 DIAMOND, South Burlington, Vermont
CoolPoet737 DIAMOND, South Burlington, Vermont

Fresh off the massive success of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles decided to do the very opposite of that album and create something as uneven and scattershot as possible. Thus, The White Album.

As you might expect from an album that has nothing more than a white background with the band's name stamped on it for a cover, The White Album is bold, experimental, and extremely compelling at times. However, as with most albums of this sort, The White Album has outstanding masterworks ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Happiness Is A Warm Gun"), decent hits ("Blackbird", "Dear Prudence"), ho-hum filler ("I'm So Tired", "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey") cringe-worthy clunkers ("Rocky Raccoon", "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"), and songs that are just plain awful ("The Continuing Adventures of Bungalow Bill", "Revolution 9"). Unfortunately, the last three catagories are what mostly makes up this album. That being said, if you like increasingly random music and don't mind digging through all the lesser material to get to the undisputed classics, this is the album for you.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare