Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children | Teen Ink

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a movie about a boy named Jake, who has just recently watched his beloved grandfather get bloodly murdered. After watching his grandfather get murderered, Jake starts to study the old stories that his grandpa used to tell him about this special island with special kids. 

Jake eventually goes to the island and he actually finds the special home with Miss Peregrine. Jake finds all of the peculiar kids, and he is beyond astonished. Jake then learns that he also has special abilities, and that he is the key to stopping the monsters that have been hunting them for so long.

This movie did not receive the greatest reviews (from numerous places), and although the reviews should be slightly higher, they are still accurate. The movie is very confusing and the ending is not that clear. The movie is creepy, but not with pop-scares, instead with the images of the monsters and strange creatures. 

Although this movie is fairly interesting and good for science fiction lovers, this movie definitely is not appealing for everybody. This movie has its ups and downs, but this movie is very "peculiar." Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a movie that will either be considered horrible or great, based off of the audience. For those who like this sort of thing, they will probably love this movie, but others who are not the biggest fan of creepy, confusing movies, like this one, will most likely be a good choice for them.

After Jake witnesses his grandfather get murderered, he uses everything in his power to find out what, how, and why.