When the Bough Breaks | Teen Ink

When the Bough Breaks

By JorgeGallegos BRONZE, Leoti, Kansas
JorgeGallegos BRONZE, Leoti, Kansas

“When the Bough Breaks”
Director- Jon Cassar
Screenplay Written by- Jack Olsen
Producers- Michael Lynne, Robert Shaye, and Dylan Sellers
Genre- Thriller
Starring- Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall, and Jaz Sinclair
Featuring- Brave by Jhene Aiko

The movie “When the Bough Breaks” is the most intense movie I have ever seen. It is truly one of a kind. No movie can compare to the wild content. I would highly recommend this movie to people who are thrill seekers and love a good crazy romance.

John and Laura Taylor are a married couple with the perfect life, besides the fact that Laura could not get pregnant. They decided to get a surrogate mother to have their child. The Taylor’s thought they found the perfect woman to have to their child named Anna Walsh. Anna was in an abusive relationship so the Taylor’s invited her to stay with them in their mansion. Anna’s ex-boyfriend, Mike Mitchell, wouldn’t leave her alone, because at first Anna was in it just for the money. The final straw for Anna was when he went to the Taylor’s mansion and threatened her life, so she went to his house later that night and killed him. After a few weeks, Anna started getting closer to John. She would send him provocative pictures while he was at work. He tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn’t. It got to the point where she was so frustrated he wouldn’t love her back she went to the cops and told them he hurt her. She also told his wife, Laura, that John did not love her. Laura thought that John had been cheating on her, but he never did. He told his wife the only reason why he didn’t tell her that Anna had been coming on to him was because he didn’t want to ruin the process of finally being able to have a baby. Laura believed him and told him to find Anna and make her believe that they were going to get a divorce and John and Anna would become a couple. It worked for a while until Anna saw John at Laura’s house. She waited for John to leave, and she tried to kill Laura, but in the process her water broke. Anna went to the hospital, and John found out what happened. He tried to find Anna, but he didn’t know which hospital she went too. It then dawned on him that she was at his and Laura’s lake house. Laura and John both went to the lake house. Only John went into the house, he found the baby boy and started to take him outside, when Anna woke up and they fought over the baby. John threw her down and ran outside and put the baby in the car. When Laura started to drive off, Anna came outside and shot at them with a rifle. Thankfully it didn’t hurt the baby or John and Laura. It was the final straw for Laura so she drove at Anna and ran her over. After that they went inside the lake house and waited for the police to arrive and when they did, the movie ended.

This movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. “When The Bough Breaks” was the best thriller movie out there in my opinion. The actors made it feel like it really happened. It felt as if I was in the movie. I hope everyone else that watched it enjoyed it as much as I did. This movie is a must see! Grab a bag of popcorn and a cold soda and enjoy the show!

This was a Journalism Class Assignment about the best Horror Movie that everyone should see.