Confessions of a Shopaholic | Teen Ink

Confessions of a Shopaholic MAG

By Vicky Atzl BRONZE, New City, New York
Vicky Atzl BRONZE, New City, New York

“Confessions of a Shopaholic,” a romantic ­comedy based on the novel by Sophie Kinsella, will touch your heart and tickle your ­funny bone. Don’t let the title fool you – this is more than your average chick flick. The unique characters and witty ­dialogue make it entertaining for both genders.

“Shopaholic” follows the story of Rebecca (Isla Fisher), a shopaholic who lives for Gucci, Prada, and Chanel. Life is good until Rebecca finds herself under a mountain of debt without a job. Believing she is applying for her dream job at a fashion magazine, Rebecca somehow lands a gig at a finance publication instead. Nevertheless, her column is instantly popular, catapulting her to fame and gaining the attention of her boss, Luke (Hugh ­Dancy). Luke and Rebecca share a quirky and charming chemistry, adding to the film’s humor. The actors play off one each other’s personalities, ­creating an adorable romance that audiences will invest in and root for as it grows throughout the film.

Although the movie has over-the-top fashion, it isn’t overdone or too far-fetched. Audiences can relate to Re­becca’s vivacious and energetic personality, which Fisher ­portrays with charisma, but they can also understand her struggle to turn her life around.

The movie’s balance of humor and heartwarming moments will leave viewers with a message about friendship, family, and living life to the fullest. With well-chosen music, fantastic fashion, and hysterical moments, this movie will entertain and leave you ready to shop!

dmoskowitz said...
dmoskowitz, Lumberton, New Jersey

"Nobody gives you a manual that says, 'This is what's going to happen and this is what you should do and this is how you're going to do it.' I think you just have to kind of handle it in your way." Selena Gomez
"Never Say Never." JBiebs

This movie is so funny! Loved your review

Onyxrose BRONZE, Lyles, Tennessee

"All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be." -Fannie Brice

I think you did great on this review, although I didn't like the movie. I think if I hadn't alread seen the movie, I would watch it after seeing this review.

pricklydonuts BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

if you dont stand for something , youll fall for anything

Honestly, your review is good. But...I actually thought the movie was a total waste of time and the letter grade it deserves is a D. It was obnoxious and I know this is a common word but totally boring. Then again, it's my opinion.

bokworm SILVER said...
bokworm SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

life is gets easier by what you do not by what you don't

loved this movie good reviw

Cris. said...
Well.. I will admit that I didn't like the movie. The main character annoyed me alot and seemed exagerated. The story also, was often quite hard to believe. Your article was well written, though but if I hadn't seen the movie I would have liked you to give some examples of situations that happen in the movie.

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
I love that movie!!!

Kaitlyn Wilson, Gallatin, Missouri
I loved this movie and would recommend it to anyone

CARMENITA said...
CARMENITA, Walnut Creek, California

"Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..." said by George and Fred Weasley in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Amazing work! It makes me want to see the movie!

americanteen97 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Loved it totally. One of the few movies this summer that I liked. Downloaded it to my Ipod!!!

on Jun. 24 2009 at 6:08 am
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

i love this movie!! i am about to read the book!! amazing review!!

on Jun. 22 2009 at 7:10 am
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

-Uptown Girls

i honestly think that the book was better than the movie but maybe not to others you know

Maly Thao said...
Maly Thao, Brooklyn Park,, Minnesota
I hope this movie is good too!

I have to go watch this movie [:

meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
I hope it is good!

on Mar. 1 2009 at 11:59 am
Amy Wilkinson, Perth, Other
Absolutely amazing film!!! One of the best.