The Breakfast Club | Teen Ink

The Breakfast Club

By verosecious GOLD, Somewhere In Neverland, Other
verosecious GOLD, Somewhere In Neverland, Other

"The sky is the limit, for some people aim higher nothing is impossible.”

"The only met once, but it changed their lives forever."

If you're a sucker for 80's or 90's hit movies like I do, then The Breakfast Club should be on the to watch list. It follows a storyline where there are five teenagers coming from different school cliques, gathered together to spend their Saturday in detention. Having their wicked principal to keep an eye on them, they've realized there's more to them than the stereotype thinking people judge of them. It's merely about self-discovery.

It's odd that detention is all it takes for them to bond together from different groups in the school society. Since there's a jock, a brainiac, a princess, an outcast and a rebel. They struggle being familiar with each other. Some characters might be annoying for some, ehem the rebel. But all in the end, labels do not define anything nor limit anything. They've manage to get out in detention and arrange the jigsaw puzzle they have been attempting to finish. Thinking they have no single thing in common, prove that they are wrong after all.

It is a great watch on a Friday night, all up in bed alone with hot chocolate on hand. It may be tedious, but worth a watch.