Remember the Titans | Teen Ink

Remember the Titans

May 6, 2014
By brdisbrow BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
brdisbrow BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

At the end of the civil war there was an outlaw of segregation. This action in turn would hopefully one day stop discrimination based on the color of a persons skin. Remember the Titans took place right in the middle of all of this. Two high schools from Virginia, one whit and one black, were forced to come together as one campus. Not only did the kids have new issues to worry about, but the coaches as well. While both coaches want to be the head coach of the team, Coach Boone: the African American coach would end up getting the head coaching spot. At the beginning of the football camps we seem a team that is torn and broken. However, Coach Boone sees that the team is falling apart due to the difference in race and he demands change. Coach Boone does not see the color of skin, he only sees players on the same team, with the same goal in mind. That goal just so happens to be winning a state championship and the only way that could happen is if they all worked together. This movie not only teaches us about equality, but it also teaches us about teamwork and how anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Each team that the Titans face that year had there own thing to say about interracial schools. However, when it came time to play, the Titans did there talking on the field. Its not like the Titans had an over powering team or anything, but what they did have was teamwork and coaches that would do anything for there boys. I have never watched a movie and felt so moved as I did from this movie. Remember the Titans is a classic movie about a team who was able to overcome the discrimination and come together as a team to win a state championship. I highly recommend anyone to read this book because there are a lot of valuable lessons that can be learned from those Titans.