The Internship | Teen Ink

The Internship

March 29, 2014
By NovaaTheEditor BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
NovaaTheEditor BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you will land among the stars" -Les Brown


The movie The Internship tells the story of Billy and Nick, two watch salesmen who lose their jobs because of the uprising technology, and how they land an internship at Google where they are forced to compete with the most advanced, tech savvy students for a job. I thought this movie was great and EXTREMELY funny. My favorite scene in the movie was when another member of Billy and Nick’s group tricked them into tracking down a college professor and calling him Professor Xavier (A character from X-Men.) The professor responded by making a sarcastic remark and leaving in a memorable way which I found really funny. Another part I found funny was when they went to the library to access a computer because they had the interview over skype. This was extremely funny because as they were completely unfamiliar with the technology. They were yelling at the computer and squashing against each other like sardines to make sure the interviewers could see and hear them. Another funny scene was when the groups were challenged to find a bug in the code. This was hilarious because Billy and Nick don’t know and programming languages so they thought finding the bug was like solving a riddle and they made complete fools of themselves. If you like a good laugh then this movie is definitely a perfect fit, it’s “Googliness” will keep you laughing even after it’s over!